Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no clock time just shows "--:--". In settings the date/time icon is greyed out and I can't access it. I know there's a TSB (5NP-N5K9P-01) out there for this but is there a DIY solution to this. I really am pissed at Hyundai and don't want to deal with them if I don't have to. 2018 Value Edition BTW. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I have no clock time just shows "--:--". In settings the date/time icon is greyed out and I can't access it. I know there's a TSB (5NP-N5K9P-01) out there for this but is there a DIY solution to this. I really am pissed at Hyundai and don't want to deal with them if I don't have to. 2018 Value Edition BTW. Thanks.
If you want warranty repair you need to go to the dealer. If you follow your owners manual it does nothing?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah can't even select the time and data app. Its looks like greyed out like carplay app when a phone is not hooked up. I am going to give them a call on Monday, was hoping maybe an easy fix since I can't see the full TSB.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
All these newer vehicles are always hot, like when you switch off the ignition, radio is still on until a timer shuts it off, anti-thief always draws current.

Shop manual states that a fuse switch is used, that shuts down all off these power sucking devices, is off when a new car is delivered. Mentions the clock can be affected, but the shop manual does not say where its located. May have to be worked a couple of time.

Sure don't want to leave a car at an airport for three weeks, when you do the battery is dead. One thing you can do is to disconnect the negative battery cable, but then you won't have anti-thief like if anybody pays attention to it anyway.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clock came back after sitting for the day. Didn't unplug anything, time and date was right. Who knows, at least I won't have to go to the dealership now.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
With the Infinity sound system with GPS, can either select a manual clock or GPS, selected the later, extremely accurate. Car is parked in my garage and somehow, GPS signals are coming through, but can't say the same for SirusXM or Blue Link.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine acted up and doesn't have the GPS feature (Value Edition). But haven't had issues again. TSB says head unit is to be replaced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe anybody knows the number of the latest version of the software?

On my head unit is ADN.USA.0000.V075.160721.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same issue. I work night shift. Clock worked at 3:00am last break. Clock didn’t work on drive home at 6:00am. I even pulled over to attempt to troubleshoot. No fix. Clock worked after grocery store 6:30am. So strange.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all,
I solved my problem with no clock time.
Problem was in GPS antenna.
I installed new external GPS antenna, and after few seconds clock start work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took out my ad card for a few seconds, then replaced it and let the system reboot. My clock works again!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Weird that this impacted different people at the same time. I noticed that my clock and date were wrong this morning.
I turned off the GPS option and corrected it myself. Came back to the car in the afternoon and noticed that the clock was missing.
What I did to fix my system was to do the update option in the settings and reinstall the last updated on the SD Card.

·
Registered
1 Posts
#17... could you be more specific? Wife's car has same issue this am.. "update option in settings".. setting in your cell phone? "reinstall the last updated on SD Card" ... SD card in cell phone ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weird that this impacted different people at the same time. I noticed that my clock and date were wrong this morning.
I turned off the GPS option and corrected it myself. Came back to the car in the afternoon and noticed that the clock was missing.
What I did to fix my system was to do the update option in the settings and reinstall the last updated on the SD Card.
Do you know where to find the latest software update? I experienced this same issue with my clock this morning (2017 Elantra Sport), and when I tried the Update option in Settings I got a message about not being able to find anything on the SD card.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
About this Discussion
102 Replies
63 Participants
UJay
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing