Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Accent with no brake lights. I'm pretty sure it's just a fuse however the fuse panel does not show a " brake lights " fuse.
Is it called something else?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

as long as you are sure that the bulbs are o/k its much more likely to be a faulty switch, they are troublesome, the switch is mounted at the top of the brake pedal bracket

moving your post over to the accent forum

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had similar problem with my elantra, all three lights went out. Turned out to be the "brake light switch" which is right above the brake pedal. Couldn't find the part at any local auto part store so I ended up just cleaning the contacts with WD40, it works now. I am not at all suggesting you do the same thing. But it's worth playing with the switch while someone looks at the lights.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
There was a large brake light switch recall that affected about 500,000 various Hyundai models including the Accent back in 2009, but IIRC it was only for '06-'07 models.  

I had random complete loss of all brake lights on my '06  before the recall was ever issued.  I went ahead and fixed it myself since I couldn't get it to duplicate on command for the dealer to look at.  The switch was only about $10 and can be replaced in minutes with just a wrench.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dealer,,, get your free -3K000 brake light switch... do it like ast week before you get rear ended..

Make sure they run VIN on WEBDCS for recalls, there is a PCM program out there available to update (#179), and a recent A/T program, not sure if it falls back to previous models,, check with GDS in ECU UPGRADE and update all available..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts