Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Beeping sound for passenger seat belt, just flashing sign on the dashboard. Just want to see if this is normal or not? ( I would assume it should not be).

If so, I could go to the dealer and get it fixed. This is for 2013 Sonata GLS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I meant, if there is someone riding in the front passenger seat and has not worn the seat belt. In other cars, I have seen a continuous beeping sound till the passenger gets it right :p. But here, only a small light on the dashboard blinks without any noise.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
But here, only a small light on the dashboard blinks without any noise.
Does it make noise if the DRIVER fails to buckle ??

I think it is not working right, based on how my Elantra.....and every other recent model car I have had ......works.

Take it in, when it's convenient for you.
Might want to search the users manual in the mean time.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry I meant, if there is someone riding in the front passenger seat and has not worn the seat belt. In other cars, I have seen a continuous beeping sound till the passenger gets it right :p. But here, only a small light on the dashboard blinks without any noise.
Sorry about that...I guess I need to learn how to read ;)

I know it yells at you if the driver does not have a seatbelt on, but I have never noticed it for the passenger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
148 Posts
It happened to me, too. My friend didn't buckle her seatbelt once and there was only blinking light. There is no audible warning for passenger seat. It only beeps for the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts