Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last year, a couple of times when the car was sitting outside for a day or two without being started, the bass would be non existent,even when I put it up to 10 in Settings and play bass-heavy electro songs. It was pretty rare that this happened, and once March came around the problem stopped completely, so I forgot about it. Well here in NY it got pretty cold ...not too cold, but I guess cold enough, where it happened again. But instead of it being here and there, its been consistent. It happened the last three times I started the car up, but not this morning...so its relatively random. My mechanic says not too worry (whatever that means), but I'm thinking about bringing it to dealership to get it diagnosed. The problem is that I don't really have time at all, as finals week is quickly approaching, and school + work consumes every moment of my life right now. Anyone experience this problem? Sorry I don't know the proper terminology when it comes to sound... My mechanic mentioned my subwoofer going bad...but its been find throughout the spring, summer, and fall. But its pretty clear when it isn't functioning. It is hard to record though, as it all sounds the same on a phone...

Would it be a (relatively) quick fix if I bring it in? Thanks all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would think it's just that the speaker cones/surrounds are stiff in the cold temperatures and don't have as good bass response until they/the car warms up a bit.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You might want to search for older threads on this subject. Iirc there were quite a few posts about cold weather bass. Our Florida members didn't seem to have the issue, while pretty much everybody who parks outside in freezing temps did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts