Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum and just purchased a 2013 Sonata 2013 Sonata when playing music using bluetooth the display just shows my phone name and not the artist or song. I have gone into setting and changed display to show artist/song but still not showing artist any ideas? Have also checked phone (android) settings don't see anything to change there

·
Registered
94 Posts
The none of the radios for the Sonata can display streaming music ID tags unfortunately. Not sure about the 2014s.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
So does my 2013 LTD except for the genre, but it's sort of hit and miss:( This is using a USB stick.

Larry
Doing it via USB is not the same as it doing it when streaming via Bluetooth. The hit and miss part on the USB is probably more of a product of the mp3s on the USB. The mp3 files have "tags" that provide the various information about the file, and that is where the radio pulls the information to display. I had a software program a while back (can't remember what it's called...free on the internet) that would let me go in and fill in the tag data for the files that weren't displaying the information...then it would show on my radio.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Doing it via USB is not the same as it doing it when streaming via Bluetooth. The hit and miss part on the USB is probably more of a product of the mp3s on the USB. The mp3 files have "tags" that provide the various information about the file, and that is where the radio pulls the information to display. I had a software program a while back (can't remember what it's called...free on the internet) that would let me go in and fill in the tag data for the files that weren't displaying the information...then it would show on my radio.
That's why I specified the USB part and I have tried all the various ID3 tag versions (about 8 or so IIRC) and none will work consistently to show things like the title and artist and none will display the genre regardless of the ID3 tag version.

I'm also convinced that even the RANDOM and FOLDER RANDOM options are implemented in a non standard way since depending on where they start there are often a set sequences of songs they play at times.

Larry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bluetooth audio information is called meta data. Different phones do send them via Bluetooth but some just don't have it. Stock android programming doesn't have it such as for example my galaxy nexus does not. But, my wife's galaxy SIII does display it because Samsung added it to their touch wiz overlay. If you have stock android you're generally out of luck unless you root it and install a custom room. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's why I specified the USB part and I have tried all the various ID3 tag versions (about 8 or so IIRC) and none will work consistently to show things like the title and artist and none will display the genre regardless of the ID3 tag version.

I'm also convinced that even the RANDOM and FOLDER RANDOM options are implemented in a non standard way since depending on where they start there are often a set sequences of songs they play at times.

Larry
I read somewhere else that it specifically only supported ID3v1 format. I know you said you've tried multiple, but maybe pick a song, completely delete it's ID3 data, and create a new one in only v1 and give it a shot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts