Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help please,
I have a 2ltr trajet on a 56 plate
Got caught in flood water, managed to get it out and after half an hour it restarted.
Cleared the air filter and back bottle of water (1 pint removed), now the car does not like having an air filter fitter.
Runs fine without one but this is a dangerous situation really.

I have serviced it and all the plugs where the correct colour but worn.

Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Perhaps a stupid question, you're not trying to use the water-logged air filter? Can you run it long enough (without the filter) to dry things out?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
There is an air box before the filter box...is that clear of water? Could water from there water-logged the new filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've completely striped and cleaned the air intake line from front nearside wheel right through to intake manifold, the water trap after the air filter had a pint of water in it but this is now empty.
Was wondering if the sensor 28164 would restrict the power although no codes are present

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The MAF should throw a code, and it will run fine...but stay in by-pass mode.
What about my question above, "Can you run it long enough (without the filter) to dry things out?"
I'm just thinking dry-out the cat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be fair, I've only just emptied the back bottle today so could there still be moisture in the air system, if so how long do I run it without airfilter to dry it out?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
15 or 20 minutes at 2000 rpm should do it...take it for a spin?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
What did the air filter look like when you changed it...was it intact? Could any part of it been sucked into the intake manifold?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
You can run it with the MAF unplugged. If it is a bad MAF it will run much like stock as it deafults to a table. It will set a code but that is easy to get rid of.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Please get back with what you have found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts