Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I expect to pay for a GLS AT before tax and title? It doesn't seem like there are any incentives being offered, but I know I'm not paying msrp. Anyone know of a good Ohio dealer? Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats the down fall of buying a car thats in high demand. Your not going to get to budge a lot, sad to say. I was able to get then to knock the price down $1800 and include the dealer installed tint for free (worth $499) but that was after some real haggling over 2 weeks. Only good thing is that the service manager and the sales rep know me by 1st name now. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just talked to a dealer by IM (pretty neat) and they offered me a GLS with AT and floor mats... msrp $21,015 for $1000 off that. Does that sound typical? I'd hate to see a factory incentive pop up the week after I buy.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think you were better off buying 3 months ago then now. They are advertising this car to death now and so I don't think you will see anything until next spring.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Sep 16 2010, 09:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356751
I would suggest the same idea. True car has pricing info and also suggests dealers.

Now what happens when you go to that dealer with your truecar price in hand is a good question.

Costco has a "car buying" program. But, all they do is suggest a dealer - when you get there, you are on your own. Might as well use the phone book.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Use a bogus name but with a correct email to get the price from Truecar. Then go to the dealer and ask for $200 off the Truecar price.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Sep 16 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356759
I would suggest the same idea. True car has pricing info and also suggests dealers.

Now what happens when you go to that dealer with your truecar price in hand is a good question.

Costco has a "car buying" program. But, all they do is suggest a dealer - when you get there, you are on your own. Might as well use the phone book.

I used the truecar quote of $1200 under invoice as my starting off point and just called around. I actually paid a bit more than that because nobody had the car I wanted in stock so the dealer I chose to use had to go to Chicago (dealer is in Indianapolis and I am in terre haute about an hour west) to get the car. I could have stuck with the -$1200 price but a factory delivery would have taken at least six weeks to six months.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I used truecar and got the great and good price on my ltd with nav.

Then I just bargained for a price between the two.

Never even mentioned truecar to them.

I actually got my pearl white for 25,500 before any discounts.....

I went back to truecar now and the good price in my area for my car is 27,700 . I bought my car in March and saved $2200 whoo hoo.... :banana:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up buying an 11 GLS auto for 1350 under msrp and I got about 700 more than I would have been satisfied with on the trade. And my wife is gaga happy with the car!

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (moonrock @ Sep 15 2010, 07:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356388
but I know I'm not paying msrp.
Hahaha. I find it ironic that we all say what a value the Sonata is and how it is the best priced car in its class. Yet then we say we want discounts and would not pay full price for it. In fact some want it for cost or below cost. :unsure:

On top of that we want incentives, yet we want the car to have a high resale value. Thing is, the more people haggle it down and the more cash there is on the hood in incentives, the less able it would be to have a high residual.

Anyhow, didn't mean to rant. I also an not trying to pick on moonrock's comment. Having bought several cars with a ton of profit in them at 1% over dealer cost, I get the idea of negotiation and "getting a good deal". I just want people to remember that this car does not have a boatload of profit. If you have an exceptional salesperson, I also suggest tipping them since they are probably making no money selling you a Sonata near invoice.

...plus the car is awesome. :grin:

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Sep 25 201 :whistling: 0, 11:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358685
Hahaha. I find it ironic that we all say what a value the Sonata is and how it is the best priced car in its class. Yet then we say we want discounts and would not pay full price for it. In fact some want it for cost or below cost. :unsure:

On top of that we want incentives, yet we want the car to have a high resale value. Thing is, the more people haggle it down and the more cash there is on the hood in incentives, the less able it would be to have a high residual.

For a GLS A/T with pop2. the swing between invoice and MSRP is only $1k. That is one of the reasons why this car is so competitive. Will dealers negotiate... sure. Will you get a better price than msrp... yes. For me I wanted the car and I got one of the first cars from the first shipment. I was happy to pay MSRP. I guess I did my part to keep the Sonata resale value strong :thumbsup:

Anyhow, didn't mean to rant. I also an not trying to pick on moonrock's comment. Having bought several cars with a ton of profit in them at 1% over invoice, I get the idea of negotiation and "getting a good deal". I just want people to remember that this car does not have a boatload of profit. If you have an exceptional salesperson, I also suggest tipping them since they are probably making no money selling you a Sonata near invoice.

...plus the car is awesome. :grin:
no wonder the state of california is broke! :whistling:

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (sean1k2 @ Sep 25 2010, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358692
no wonder the state of california is broke! :whistling:
CA is broke because of social issues. It's like this... I (State of CA) am going to buy you a brand new 2011 Sonata because you cannot afford, nor do you want to work for a car. After all you need a car to get to a job, so we should provide you one for free.

However I did just spent another $400 on my car, bringing the total of upgrades to almost $4k. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts