Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a pair of white/blueish bulbs for the low beam headlights and perhaps fog lights as well. Anyone have any pics of the difference it made? I'm looking at the ge line or silverstars that are in most auto stores. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I can give you my opinion...I just put in some Silverstar Ultras yesterday and they were noticeably better than the factory bulbs. The light seemed much brighter and they really seemed to give a wider field of vision for me. I just put them in the low beam lights and didn't change the high beams, as the majority of my driving is city driving. I'm really glad I made the change, as I drive to work in the dark every morning and I had been pretty disappointed with the factory bulbs...and I'm now very happy with these bulbs. I may eventually do the HID conversion, but this was an easy quick fix for now that worked great for me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (jgreg32 @ Oct 31 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367817
Any other suggestions?
Probably not what you had in mind, but I suggest a HID H7 xenon kit. I understand the price is more attractive on a halogen bulb, but the performance is far better from a xenon kit. You spent $21k+ on the car, you might as well do the headlights up the best you can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I second a HID kit. A lot of people here got $140 kits are were happy too. It will pay off for itself also. For example I had Silverstar Ultras in my last car and they lasted about a year and a bit, so at $50 a pop they add up quickly. HID will get you even better field of vision than the Silverstars.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I went with the regular GE Nighthawk bulbs (not the Platinum). They make a noticible difference, and they are only about 30 bucks. I think the regular Nighthawks don't burn as hot as the Platinums or the Silverstars, so I am expecting pretty good life from them. I didn't want to drill, and they are an easy 5 minute change.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll take a look at the hid kits but im not sure im comfortable drilling or doing any major mods. what is generally required?

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (jgreg32 @ Nov 1 2010, 10:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367908
i'll take a look at the hid kits but im not sure im comfortable drilling or doing any major mods. what is generally required?
Plug and play, no drilling required.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (whoadiz @ Oct 31 2010, 08:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367853
Agreed. HID kits are the way to go for the sonata. I've attached some pics of my 55w HID kit, and also a video of my car driving at night with the kits. Hope this helps! :)

2011 Sonata 5000k HID Driving

Can you tell me which kit you bought? and if possible link me to the website. I've very interested. They look great!! I Cant tell with the pics but is there a tint of blue in them?

·
Registered
74 Posts
QUOTE (Mark10 @ Nov 1 2010, 01:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367954
Can you tell me which kit you bought? and if possible link me to the website. I've very interested. They look great!! I Cant tell with the pics but is there a tint of blue in them?
Thanks!
I am currently using the DDM Tuning 55w kit, there isn't much blue at all which is what i used to have when I had the 35w kit. It's just pure white when you look at it.

Link: http://ddmtuning.com/products/101/
Wattage: 55w
Bulb Type: H7
Bulb Color: 5000K
(no additional wires/adapters needed)

I also tried the 4300K kit and hated it, it was much more yellow-ish and wasn't what I wanted at all. I find that the 5000K is the best compromise between color/light output.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, I may switch to the ddm tuning lights. I put some MTEC bulbs in that I ordered off ebay but they are not bright enough. They look nice with a blue tint but they just don't perform.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a few pics of the lights I added. I still have to add the fogs, but i'm debating that now because of how bright the oem lights are compared to the MTEC bulbs.

[attachment=21093:picture_342.jpg]
[attachment=21094:picture_344.jpg]
[attachment=21095:picture_343.jpg]
[attachment=21096:picture_334.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I apologize for the quality of the photos. They were taken using my iPhone and it is 34 degrees out right now in CNY.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (whoadiz @ Nov 1 2010, 02:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367983
Thanks!
I am currently using the DDM Tuning 55w kit, there isn't much blue at all which is what i used to have when I had the 35w kit. It's just pure white when you look at it.

Link: http://ddmtuning.com/products/101/
Wattage: 55w
Bulb Type: H7
Bulb Color: 5000K
(no additional wires/adapters needed)

I also tried the 4300K kit and hated it, it was much more yellow-ish and wasn't what I wanted at all. I find that the 5000K is the best compromise between color/light output.

I dont even sees a hyundai option there

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just installed silverstars tonight and is there a slight difference? yes the light looks more white but its still far off from my friends 08 suburu legacy with factory bulbs! not sure what makes his brighter but for $40 the bulbs are not a huge improvement in my opinion so far. I would love to see peoples install of the hid kid and how it affects warranty and how the wiring is done...

·
Registered
623 Posts
All HID kits are universal, if the site lists cars, it is just to tell you what bulb size you need.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts