Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fella come in with Tucson, 2.7L V6,, MIL..

Says somebody told him 0170, 0173, 0340.. I get it, and I find 0420,, 0430 stored in memory...

Plug wires all silver white haze,, and plugs with gap into next county.. he getting new plugs and wires,, nothing I can do for cat codes, he done killed them with these plugs and wires

Somebody told him his timing belt was cracking,, looked like grand daddy old leather belt that old as can be for dry rot cracks on flat side,, bought water pump also.

Say he was told there is plastic from belt rub belt cover,, YEP,, crank pulley ring move fore - aft..

Give new meaning to "high maintanance"

How many mile ?? Best guess by the "1000" qty

Attachments

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Don't tell me he went over 200,000...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I'll say 238.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll come clean with mileage Saturday afternoon maybe

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I'm a nice fella,, or at least I think I am ??

Mileage as received -----> 177,000 + a few hundred

Oil was liquid yet, he had it changed recently.. passed on ball joint and brakes,, 1 link end was loose (aftermarket nuts and link),, sway bar hole elongated..

Finished today, run fine after new plugs and wires.. told advisor that he need to tell fella repairs performed will not do anything for the worn out catalysts, MIL will come back when Ox Logic figures out cats are not performing,, drive it till wheels fall off

·
Registered
343 Posts
Question is: did the vehicle set a code early on BEFORE the cats were destroyed? In other words, does the monitoring system give effective notice that the plugs/wires are shot and need changing or is the only thing to go on visual inspection/mileage changeout?

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
Question is: did the vehicle set a code early on BEFORE the cats were destroyed? In other words, does the monitoring system give effective notice that the plugs/wires are shot and need changing or is the only thing to go on visual inspection/mileage changeout?
Generally you will get P0300x codes for misfire and a flashing check engine light when it happens.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Ok, I'm a nice fella,, or at least I think I am ??

Mileage as received -----> 177,000 + a few hundred

Oil was liquid yet, he had it changed recently.. passed on ball joint and brakes,, 1 link end was loose (aftermarket nuts and link),, sway bar hole elongated..

Finished today, run fine after new plugs and wires.. told advisor that he need to tell fella repairs performed will not do anything for the worn out catalysts, MIL will come back when Ox Logic figures out cats are not performing,, drive it till wheels fall off

OK, so I was the closest. What do I win? :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts