Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Long Story short I have been up to a TON of research for a FULL LED conversion for my sonata. Literally the only light that has me absolutely stumped is the DOOR COURTESY LIGHT if "courtesy" is even what its called.

I used this link for all the bulbs Lamp Replacement Guide View All Bulbs

Now after getting in my car a few times and looking around I did see another light that wasn't exactly specified, it was the light that comes on when you look in the sun visor mirrors. FYI they are 36mm Festoons.

Now to the point. The red lense door light that lights up when you open your doors, HOW for the love of god do you change it out does anyone know. I have tried the forums and google and Hyundaitechinfo and after taking a screwdriver to it myself to try and pop it out as your would the domes etc.. I FEAR it may require removing the entire Door panel. You must understand my OCD when I do a FULL conversion and leave one lamp. I want to be uncompromising. has anyone ever tried removing and changing this bulb?

http://96.127.178.44/~koreanau/store/images/09Sonata/Interior/09sonataclearlens1.jpg

Alas I will likely give up and leave it a lamp much the same as my HIGH BEAMS as they will stay halogen versus HID (then see that has a practical reason as when you have HIDS you dont really need High beams depending on your opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't know if a simian could do it, but many here including moi have removed the door panels no problem.
Funny I just recently watched all of the original Planet of the Apes Series.;)

After looking at cyclones link it still seems overwhelming and involved. I need some reassurance. And what about the CLIPS I see everywhere versus the screws. how to go about removing them?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pry off tweeter cover, remove seperate door handle cup, remove all screws, and pull on the door panel in each corner. The clips will unclip. In my experience I have never broke a clip off in the 5-10 times ive taken off the door. When its all unclipped you will need to slide the door panel up and out. The top is hung on the window frame. Its super easy. Just go out and do it and youll get the hang of it. You cant really mess up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those of you that have taken their door panel off. Do you remember the exact type of bulb for the courtesy door light? Is it a festoon or a wedge etc...?? This way I don't have to take my door panel off more than necessary.

·
22,788 Posts
Map lights are usually a 31mm festoon, of varying LED numbers: 4, 6, 8, 12...

License plate lights are W5W, if memory serves me correctly. Blade style, for the wedge socket that cyclones6 alluded to. Or mgsgunny's numbers, as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Map lights are usually a 31mm festoon, of varying LED numbers: 4, 6, 8, 12...

License plate lights are W5W, if memory serves me correctly. Blade style, for the wedge socket that cyclones6 alluded to. Or mgsgunny's numbers, as well.

On my 2010 Sonata SE are DEFINITELY wedge style of the numbers posted. I use the sylvania website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts