Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
gorgeous! reminds me of the jaguar suv.
but I hope they also improve the refinement (less NVH, better ride, etc).

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not fond of that look. Deeply recessed headlamps and fog lamps can result in them being less functional. I also count on the "utility" portion of the SUV concept. Making it too rakish can eat us usable cargo space. This is only an artist's rendering of course and may not reflect on the actual production model, but if it were to come out looking much like this I may be putting something else in my stable.....

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
gorgeous! reminds me of the jaguar suv.
but I hope they also improve the refinement (less NVH, better ride, etc).
oh yeah with those 20 x 35 x 325 tires it's going to have a really refined ride, soak up every bump in the road, and really help with the mpg rating.

And that is the size for the base models, 22" x 25 x 335 on higher trims .

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
DTech......Common problem. If you are current or ex GM you are VERY familiar with the ride complaints and tire vibration issues associated with those really low profile tires. They are offered and used on far too many vehicles IMHO and once again...The average owner does not understand what they are buying, and it isn't their fault.

Hopefully these will be optional and not actually a part of the packages at any trim level.....

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
plus they negatively impact fuel economy and replacement cost can be much higher. I'll pass.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like it, hope that rendering is essentially accurate. Sometimes interior space is better than exterior lines might imply - Tucson is a prime example.
However despite the fact most will never off-road beyond typical metropolitan road imperfections, I'll never understand the love of lower profile tires on an SUV. I want big enough rubber between me and those dangerous 4 inch sidewalks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can we say pot hole and pocket book? that goes together with low profile tires. This tire wheel design is the stupidest trend to come down the road in years. The low tires look good at a car show. In the real world of SUV's you need a taller wheel tire setup. My vehicles have to function, not just look good. I hope that is not the new design trend for the Santa Fe. They bought all of the ugly front bumpers off the Cherokee. I don't like the headlights mounted low. Even Jeep made a change for the 2019 Cherokee. I will have to look at a different brand the next time. The Santa Fe design is what made me buy a Hyundai.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe it's just me.... but it kinda looks like a PT Cruiser to me.

Reactions: Skyking747

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Barneymobile, commemorative edition

Reactions: AK103U

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
493 Posts
The artists rendering is highly exaggerated. Notice the tiny greenhouse side windows in relation to the massive height of the doors. The wheels look appropriate for a kids Hot Wheels toy. Not a real world Utility vehicle.
But Hyundais have been good looking cars for a long time now, so I'm sure the production next Santa Fe will be a looker too.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
493 Posts
I like it, hope that rendering is essentially accurate. Sometimes interior space is better than exterior lines might imply - Tucson is a prime example.
However despite the fact most will never off-road beyond typical metropolitan road imperfections, I'll never understand the love of lower profile tires on an SUV. I want big enough rubber between me and those dangrerous 4 inch sidewalks.
I'm with ya on that. Wheels that are too large look a bit gangsta. And they tend to bring down fuel economy too. Not to mention no protection of the rims if you scrub a curb.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
493 Posts
Of course you all have heard of the new Kona coming out soon. But did you know that Hyundai is going to bring out an even smaller CUV? I have no idea what it looks like or how small it's supposed to actually be but I was sent a survey by Hyundailistens.com asking for input on selecting a name.
It's described a fun sized CUV aimed at urban dwellers.
They gave a list of names and asked respondents to pick their 3 favorites and 3 least liked.
Here's the names I remember.
Taos
Capo
Utica
Reverb
Nicco (sp)
Devlos (sp)
Kiro
Tulum
Calvira
.... there were about 15 total and some were pretty awful.
I picked Taos, Capo and Kiro for favorites.
Tulum and Calvira was on my least favorites list.
Wish I'd taken a few screen shots because now it's bugging me that I can't recall the other names on the list.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Well, those deeply inset headlamps and fog lamps are going to compromise visibility immediately in front of the vehicle to some extent. GM played with that design years ago and it was an epic failure, especially where the fog lamps were concerned. The scallop inward toward the grille will help, but I would definitely want to drive one of these at night before purchasing.

As for the back of the vehicle....If those are low mounted turn signals that is another bad idea being carried over from the Kia line. Drivers often tend to focus on the lamps they can see, which will be the tail and brake lights that are directly in their line of sight. Low mounted turn signals may be completely missed by a following driver because they are NOT in the driver's direct line of sign. Not a big fan of those thin front turn signals if they are located up high with the DRLs, but I'm open to that depending upon how visible they actually are in practical use.

On the plus side, the slope of the liftgate doesn't look as bad as in the artist's rendition and it appears to have more normal sized tires.

Reactions: AK103U

·
Registered
47 Posts
After seeing these photos, this will be my first and last SFS. That is one ugly front end. I'll go back to Mazda (CX-9) or the new Acura RDX.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
So long as the twin turbo V6 is offered as an option I'm good with the way the new one looks.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts