Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a couple posts in, but thought I should follow forum protocall and introduce myself.

I'm 59 years old.

Have degrees in Photography, Psychology and Drafting & Design.

Work for R&D dept of an international company called ABB doing solid modeling of medium voltage outdoor circuit breakers.

My hobbies are backpacking, wake surfing (surfing behind a boat) and distance running. I ran the Boston marathon the year of the bombings and am returning in 2014.

I live in the Orlando, Fl area - close to Disney.

I used to be a SAAB guy. Owned them from 1985 until 2008 when I purchased a 2008 Hyundai Elantra.

Never missed the SAAB. I loved that Elantra.

Recently sold the Elantra (with ~160,000 miles on her) and picked up a 2009 Sonata GLS from my father in law.

To be honest, I really do like the Elantra better, but my Sonata only has 48,000 miles on it, and the father in law made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

I love participating on forums and hope to make many new friends here.

I hope you guys are patient with someone who has a bizarre sense of humor, and who sometimes goes wayyyyyyyy off topic.

Regards

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michael!

I see your from Bawstin!

Get prepared for the crowd on April 21st. Do you know that the BAA increased the size of the marathon to 36,000 runners?

Best part of the marathon IS the crowd support. We runners really love and appreciate the folks who come out to cheer us on.

We thank you for that!

I got caught up in that mess where 5500 of us where stopped at the 25.5 mile mark.

Boston folks immediately came out and gave us stuff to keep us warm and hydrated. You guys certainly made a bad situation a little better.

·
22,793 Posts
:00000732: Welcome, Ed. You're gonna love this forum! It offers everything and something for everyone.

·
Read Only
538 Posts
Glad you weren't closer when the explosion occurred.
Looking forward to the bigger crowd next year. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the standard equipment that came with the Elantra,

the Sonata doesn't have

folding door mirrors
front driving lights
more storage compartments (one on top of dash)
better designed left foot rest
better placed switch location on doors (angled up not flat)
cup holders in front doors
extension blinds in sun visors
gas door release is located away from the trunk release

and I'm sure there is more that I am leaving off the list.

·
22,793 Posts
better placed switch location on doors (angled up not flat)
+1 Hadn't really given too much thought about that. You're right, Ed. I can not imagine going back to the flat, surface-mounted switches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts