Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I was thrilled to find this forum since I just bought a "Certified" Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS w/19K miles, in my favorite color blue. And got an awesome deal (seriously awesome) on it, so I'm trying to learn more about Hyundai's in general. Looks like I've come to the right place! So Hello everyone! I'm from Lancaster PA! :)

·
22,788 Posts
:00000732: Liz. We'll have you buying a three tier tool box, custom car parts, and lots of neat tools before you know it! And an entire army of support at your beckoning call!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hello everyone! I was thrilled to find this forum since I just bought a "Certified" Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS w/19K miles, in my favorite color blue. And got an awesome deal (seriously awesome) on it, so I'm trying to learn more about Hyundai's in general. Looks like I've come to the right place! So Hello everyone! I'm from Lancaster PA! :)
Welcome to the forum Liz

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
... trying to learn more about Hyundai's in general. Looks like I've come to the right place! So Hello everyone! I'm from Lancaster PA! :)
If your Elantra is like my 2011-13 series auto Elantra, you may have low torque. Only careful featherfooting can give you good mpg. Be like Simon & Garfunkel.... slow down, ya move to fast, ya got ta make the mornin' last. Some complain about Elantra mpg, but for 10,000 miles I've averaged almost 39mpg in warmer weather. Inflate the tires above normal.... not in snowy & icy weather, tho.

Go to pure-gas.org where address listings are for almost 7700 sources for 100% gasoline(ethanol-free) in the U.S. & Canada. With careful decade of gasoline records, three of my previous cars got 8%, 7% & 5% better mpg using 87 octane 100% gasoline, any brand. My Epsilon Lyrae MAY be getting 7-8% more mpg. pure-gas.org has a neat zoomable map, so if there is any 100% gasoline in your area, you should find it. The problem is 100% gasoline costs more & in the last months while 10% ethanol blends are crashing in price, 100% gasoline is hanging high, making a terrible price difference. POSSIBLY, next year, EPA is loosening up the quantity of 10% ethanol stuffed into our nation's gasoline stocks, & MAYBE prices may drop for 100% gasoline.

·
22,788 Posts
With the money she saves, she can get some chrome rims to complete the ensemble! We'll have her up and "cool" in no time flat!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your Elantra is like my 2011-13 series auto Elantra, you may have low torque. Only careful featherfooting can give you good mpg. Be like Simon & Garfunkel.... slow down, ya move to fast, ya got ta make the mornin' last. Some complain about Elantra mpg, but for 10,000 miles I've averaged almost 39mpg in warmer weather. Inflate the tires above normal.... not in snowy & icy weather, tho.

Go to pure-gas.org where address listings are for almost 7700 sources for 100% gasoline(ethanol-free) in the U.S. & Canada. With careful decade of gasoline records, three of my previous cars got 8%, 7% & 5% better mpg using 87 octane 100% gasoline, any brand. My Epsilon Lyrae MAY be getting 7-8% more mpg. pure-gas.org has a neat zoomable map, so if there is any 100% gasoline in your area, you should find it. The problem is 100% gasoline costs more & in the last months while 10% ethanol blends are crashing in price, 100% gasoline is hanging high, making a terrible price difference. POSSIBLY, next year, EPA is loosening up the quantity of 10% ethanol stuffed into our nation's gasoline stocks, & MAYBE prices may drop for 100% gasoline.
Wow! I did come to the RIGHT place! thanks for the awesome info!!! Really feel welcome here! :):wub:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts