Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hope you guys can help me?i have a 2002 ,2.0 ,deisel Santa Fe, over the last few months the car has become a nightmare to start! I've replaced the glow plugs which didn't work. Now it has progressed into not starting without easy start and then whilst driving cutting out through fuel starvation, so my friend came to plug the diagnostics in which read cam sensor fault, egr fault and fuel pressure regulator valve. Today with my limited knowlage of mechanics I replaced cam sensor and cleaned egr but don't have a clue were to start to find fuel pressure valve as does not seen to work on diagnostic check?
If there is anybody out there that could give me idiot proof info or an idea how to set possible fuel probs I would be very greatful as can't afford to pay a garage to do the job

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Steve,
The fuel pressure valve is located somewhat at the middle of the fuel common rail, next to the fuel supply line from the fuel pump, opposite the 4 fuel lines to the injectors. It is a sensor attachement to the rail with electrical connection (going to the ECU). So it is not a mechanical valve you maybe expected.
It is set to a specific pressure to signal the ECU to control the high pressure fuel pump.
At the end of the common rail there also is a (mechanical) fuel release valve, which returns excess fuel to the fuel tank.
Good luck,
Paul

PS: you might post on the specific diesel forum, check the bottom Forum jump "Go" selection line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts