Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would introduce myself now that I bought a Sonata. I traded in my wife's 2006 Chevy Equinox which was making her sick with a black 2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS with 17777 miles on it. The car drives beautifully and is quite comfortable. We've put on a little more than 1000 miles already and love the car. We still need to get the car tinted since we live in Las Vegas.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (jelloyd @ Oct 13 2010, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363276
Just thought I would introduce myself now that I bought a Sonata. I traded in my wife's 2006 Chevy Equinox which was making her sick with a black 2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS with 17777 miles on it. The car drives beautifully and is quite comfortable. We've put on a little more than 1000 miles already and love the car. We still need to get the car tinted since we live in Las Vegas.
:00000732:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (jelloyd @ Oct 13 2010, 11:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363276
welcome to the forums :00000732:

·
1,914 Posts
:00000732: to the forums and congrats on your purchase! I just drove an 06 Nox' today at work. It was an LS AWD, I believe. That interior is so cheap! I hate where they put the window switches too.

Anyway, you picked a great car! Did you get the car will all of those 7's or is that the mileage you have now? I hope you enjoy your car

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
You'll love the car especially if you got the power seat option but you'll hate the stock steel wheels and plastic wheel covers. Consider replacing those with some OEM wheels off ebay and it'll improve the looks about 100%. My $0.02.

I did this for both my Sonatas. 16" six spokes alloys on my 2008 and 17" Limited wheels and tires on my 2009. 100%
improvement in looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Oct 14 2010, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363521
:00000732: to the forums and congrats on your purchase! I just drove an 06 Nox' today at work. It was an LS AWD, I believe. That interior is so cheap! I hate where they put the window switches too.

Anyway, you picked a great car! Did you get the car will all of those 7's or is that the mileage you have now? I hope you enjoy your car
The 06 'Nox we had was the LT version FWD. It drove nice but the seats were hard as a rock so we got seat covers for it and that helped a lot. The interior was one of the things i hated about it. Just seemed like they threw it together with crap they should be putting in the lowest end model for the cheapest car they made in the 80's. The window controls always confused me I could never get use to that. A PT cruiser I had as a rental had the same thing. That car was the biggest POS I've ever driven and wouldn't recommend that car to anyone. The main reason why we got rid of the Equinox was because it was making my wife sick. We actually made out pretty well with that car since we got 3k more on the trade in than what we paid for.

The car actually had all those 7's when we bought it. Right now it has 18868 miles on it I believe.

QUOTE (rmissourimule @ Oct 14 2010, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363603
You'll love the car especially if you got the power seat option but you'll hate the stock steel wheels and plastic wheel covers. Consider replacing those with some OEM wheels off ebay and it'll improve the looks about 100%. My $0.02.

I did this for both my Sonatas. 16" six spokes alloys on my 2008 and 17" Limited wheels and tires on my 2009. 100%
improvement in looks.
We didn't get the power seat option. Would have liked it but my wife and I both share about the same adjustments to the seat so all we really do is move it back and forth so its not too bad. Most of the time I hate wheel covers but the ones that come on the Hyundai aren't too bad. Right now the changes that I'm looking at doing right now are getting it tinted before I move on to getting rims for the car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (jelloyd @ Oct 15 2010, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363747
The 06 'Nox we had was the LT version FWD. It drove nice but the seats were hard as a rock so we got seat covers for it and that helped a lot. The interior was one of the things i hated about it. Just seemed like they threw it together with crap they should be putting in the lowest end model for the cheapest car they made in the 80's. The window controls always confused me I could never get use to that. A PT cruiser I had as a rental had the same thing. That car was the biggest POS I've ever driven and wouldn't recommend that car to anyone. The main reason why we got rid of the Equinox was because it was making my wife sick. We actually made out pretty well with that car since we got 3k more on the trade in than what we paid for.

The car actually had all those 7's when we bought it. Right now it has 18868 miles on it I believe.

We didn't get the power seat option. Would have liked it but my wife and I both share about the same adjustments to the seat so all we really do is move it back and forth so its not too bad. Most of the time I hate wheel covers but the ones that come on the Hyundai aren't too bad. Right now the changes that I'm looking at doing right now are getting it tinted before I move on to getting rims for the car.
I'm sure there are MANY choices out by you for tinting. I personally got the Huper Optik ceramic tint since it blocks more heat than the dark limo tints but still makes it easy to see (check the specs HERE @ TINTCENTER). My installer only carried the Ceramic not the Klasse otherwise I would have gotten that. 70% heat rejection on a 35% film is awesome! Check your options as others are now making them also I think. Weathertech FINALLY made the in-channel visors in a dark shade also that I'll be getting soon. Good Luck and enjoy the car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts