Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a fun time with my Coupe but I'm going to upgrade to a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. For the longest time I was completely devoted to manual transmissions which is why I got the Coupe with one. But that Ecoboost 4 with a 10 spd auto, well that's too much to pass up. Plus double the HP and almost 3 times the torque....plus the fact that it's five years newer with corresponding updated tech. I'm just hoping to get a good trade in since my 2013 Coupe is in perfect condition with 36K miles. Looking to do this around summer time, be a perfect birthday present to self - you only live once, get what you want! I still love this Elantra Coupe though, awesome little car!

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
Well, I had a fun time with my Coupe but I'm going to upgrade to a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. For the longest time I was completely devoted to manual transmissions which is why I got the Coupe with one. But that Ecoboost 4 with a 10 spd auto, well that's too much to pass up. Plus double the HP and almost 3 times the torque....plus the fact that it's five years newer with corresponding updated tech. I'm just hoping to get a good trade in since my 2013 Coupe is in perfect condition with 36K miles. Looking to do this around summer time, be a perfect birthday present to self - you only live once, get what you want! I still love this Elantra Coupe though, awesome little car!
Why not keep it, just for fun. Or, use it as a winter car, when it sno...er..never mind ;)

Nice. If you weren't ALL the way across the country I might offer to buy it. I love coupes.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not keep it, just for fun. Or, use it as a winter car, when it sno...er..never mind ;)

Nice. If you weren't ALL the way across the country I might offer to buy it. I love coupes.
lol, that's one of the nice things I like about being down here, mild winters! Plus not having to deal with 2 sets of wheels/tires ;)

As for keeping the Coupe, I'm retired and am the only driver, so I don't really need to keep two cars - I don't put that much mileage on one car, so it would be ridiculous with two! Plus, I'm figuring I should be able to get a great trade-in with the Coupe, and with another $10K down would be a really low payment on the Ecoboost. And yes, I love the Coupes too, sad that Hyundai seems to not like them that much - I'd probably be looking at the Genesis Coupe if they were still making them instead of the Mustang.

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
lol, that's one of the nice things I like about being down here, mild winters! Plus not having to deal with 2 sets of wheels/tires ;)

As for keeping the Coupe, I'm retired and am the only driver, so I don't really need to keep two cars - I don't put that much mileage on one car, so it would be ridiculous with two! Plus, I'm figuring I should be able to get a great trade-in with the Coupe, and with another $10K down would be a really low payment on the Ecoboost. And yes, I love the Coupes too, sad that Hyundai seems to not like them that much - I'd probably be looking at the Genesis Coupe if they were still making them instead of the Mustang.
Coupes are the red-headed step-children of the car market. Only a few of us k00ks still like them.

Plus it's a Hyundai...trade-in value sinks like a stone.

It may be more cost effective just to keep it, or sell it yourself.

Maybe some kid who can't afford to buy and refurbish a Supra may show up hoping to turn it into a Boy Racer...;)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, went for a test drive today. They had an Ecoboost Fastback set up exactly the way I want it but in a different color. My daughter has a friend who works at the dealership and let me take it out for a bit, wow, huge difference from my Coupe! Looks like he'll be able to swing one for a little over cost before a military discount and friends and family discount, so I'll be able to get it for a lot less than I was originally anticipating. Plus he likes my Coupe, in perfect condition and low mileage - expecting 8-9K tradein allowance. Told him I'm looking to actually purchase around the start of summer! We'll see how it all works out :)

Oh, and between now and then I'm going to see what I can do in a private sale with the Coupe...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2001 Mustang GT convertible. It is our summer car and we dearly love it. It goes in the garage around the first of November and stays there till about the first of April. Your ecoboost stang will be a lot of fun. I must say, though, when I drop the top on ours and fire up the 4.6 v8 it makes a lovely sound. Ours is a 5 speed. We've had it to Deals Gap and rode the tail of the Dragon. It might not be new but it runs great and its paid for.

Don Williams a.k.a. librarian

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2001 Mustang GT convertible. It is our summer car and we dearly love it. It goes in the garage around the first of November and stays there till about the first of April. Your ecoboost stang will be a lot of fun. I must say, though, when I drop the top on ours and fire up the 4.6 v8 it makes a lovely sound. Ours is a 5 speed. We've had it to Deals Gap and rode the tail of the Dragon. It might not be new but it runs great and its paid for.

Don Williams a.k.a. librarian
Down here I'd drive it year-round, just like the Coupe. Just use good all-season tires and it's good to go. It's crazy that the Ecoboost engine puts out more HP and torque than the 4.6L V8 ;) Still, it doesn't have the low growl of a V8, but it does sound nice, way better than my little 1.8L 4 cyl. I'm planning on having the 2018 paid off in less than 3 yrs, too, on a 5 year loan for a balance of about $12K. Really looking forward to getting it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts