Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2021 Liquid Metal SEL last night, such an upgrade from my Chevy Spark. So far I love the styling of this thing and all the tech. I skipped the 10.25" display package because I wanted wireless Android Auto. Works perfect and so much more convenient than plugging in all the time. I think I need to tint the windows 20% all around but that's it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought a 2021 Liquid Metal SEL last night, such an upgrade from my Chevy Spark. So far I love the styling of this thing and all the tech. I skipped the 10.25" display package because I wanted wireless Android Auto. Works perfect and so much more convenient than plugging in all the time. I think I need to tint the windows 20% all around but that's it.
Nice I have a 2016 sonata sport

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted the Bose audio but you have to pay for a $2,100 option package to get it. The stock system sounds good though.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
we are still waiting for the release of the hybrid. i think hyundai is holding back because of unsold inventory, but pretty soon 2022 will be out

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2021 SE over a week ago and I've been having wireless carplay connectivity loss issues every single time. I will suddenly lose connection and an error message will pop up. Then to get right back into the carplay screen I have to tap on map or carplay again. Happens like every 5-10 minutes. Every thread I've read pinpoints to software issues with the car but the dealership or Hyundai hasn't confirmed yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only got an error message once when I turned off Wi-Fi on my phone, so far mine has been working fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a 2021 SE over a week ago and I've been having wireless carplay connectivity loss issues every single time. I will suddenly lose connection and an error message will pop up. Then to get right back into the carplay screen I have to tap on map or carplay again. Happens like every 5-10 minutes. Every thread I've read pinpoints to software issues with the car but the dealership or Hyundai hasn't confirmed yet.
Have you tried to reinstall car play? On AA devices, this often solves the problem.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
there are complaints on the sonata dn8 forum about this. we have a limited, so no wireless, but i did get a carplay2air dongle, and it works pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hate to tell you, but the 10.25" display package does have wireless Android Auto. I just bought an SEL trim with the Convenience package which has the 10.25" display and indeed, I can do wireless AA. It also has wireless charging, but I don't have a phone that does that, so I can't test it.

Bought the Intense Blue color, so far so good, rides nice (though I'm coming from a 2018 Sonata, so not quite the same feel). It's very quiet. Very sporty look. Has black rims which makes it look even sportier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've found wireless android auto kills the battery of my phone quick, now I only use it on short trips.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I went on the Hyundai site and built a Se trim and added the Convenience package.

Yes it changes the instrument cluster to fancier instrument display, along with some other features.

But i keeps the same 8 inch display head unit which is the one that has the wireless Android Auto functionality.

The Limited has the larger head unit display which discards wireless Android Auto but you cannot get that on the SEL trim no matter what packages you add.

I think the confusion comes in because they are both named with 10.25 inch.

"10.25-inch digital gauge cluster"

"10.25-inch high-resolution touchscreen navigation"

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went from a 2014 Mirage ES to a new 2018 Elantra SEL. Felt like I stepped up to a Mercedes C-class, so I know what you mean.

Seems so bizarre you get wireless AA standard, but if you pay more for the extra tech with the digital display, you don't get the wireless AA. They really should be packaged together.

Congrats on the new Elantra! I hope she serves you well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive got the 2021 Elantra Prefferred with sun and tech package , its the SEL equivalent trim. I do not have the 10.25 screens , that is only available on the highest trim i have the wireless android auto and i do find it drains the battery fairly quickly. Interesting to note some of the content differences between the American and Canadian modles....anyone notice some differences from country to country? I did see a video on youtube for an SEL that can have the optional 10.25 screens, here its on available onthe highest trim.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you get the SEL with the convenience and premium package, it's pretty much the limited model without the leather seats and nav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I considered the SEL with both packages, but I simply don't need Nav with Android Auto, never cared much about the un roof or leather seats (which get so hot in the summer). The only two features of the Premium package that I would have liked is the motorized seats and the Bose Speaker package. Then I realized that, to me, that's not worth 2k. I don't move my seats that much since I'm the driver 99% of the time and while I love great sound, it's still in a car, and there's always so much ambient noise that it diminishes the sound quality anyway. Besides, the standard speakers aren't terrible. My wife's Chevy Equinox has TERRIBLE sound and I'm sorry we didn't upgrade in that vehicle.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Seems to be the same 10.25 inch screen Head Unit that also appears in other Hyundai models, like the Sonata, which also don't have wireless AA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, after a few days of driving, I love the 8" display. I don't see fingerprints on it as easy as on my Nissan screen. The buttons on the side do look cheap though, I wish they chromed them or made them look metallic.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think people who have the 10.25 Head Unit report that AA does not fill up the screen anyway. Not sure if there are plans to make it fit the screen at some point. Also I think it is bigger diagonally but actually shorter top to bottom than the 8 inch, and some people would rather have more vertical space for viewing the maps, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts