Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On January 2, 2014 my Nelly ('07 Sonata manual) will leave my garage for the last time. (Long time members of the NF forum know my Nelly and what a great ride she is.)

She has been a fabulous car for more than 147,000 miles. Very comfortable, good gass mileage and very low maintenance (she still has the original front disk break pads!).

While I may not vist the NF forum much, I'll still be on the Hyundai Forums in the YF Hybrid forum! See you over there in January.

Happy New Year!

GEWB

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Congratulations Gewb on the new ride!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
See you soon on the Hybrid side! (I have an 11 Base... but I'm looking at upgrading to a '13 Limited)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, everyone!

I'll get a new avitar when I get the new car.

Until then, I'll learn to spell and pay attention before posting... "brake" not "break" (duh).

Regards,
GEWB

edit: The new hybrid is picked out, tested and the dealing is prepping it. I'm waiting until Jan. 2 to take delivery as the Colorado special taxes of 1.1% will become "exempt" for hybrids.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Driving a pair of 2013 his n hers hybrids, both very happy. City mileage not so great, but highway mileage is solidly over 40 mpg.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Partly electrifying news :grin: Enjoy that YF! Did you get another manual? :grin:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Partly electrifying news :grin: Enjoy that YF! Did you get another manual? :grin:
Shocking, isn't it?

No, I'm getting too old for another manual as my 1,100 miles a week on the freeway are over...now it's mostly city traffic so an automatic is welcomed!

When did you move to the DC area? Have you done more work on KC?

Regards,
GEWB

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Moved to DC area a couple years ago; the commute from Bloomington, IL was killing me :grin:

Nothing major on KC; just a battery or two and brakes. She needs some body work due to a T-bone a while back. Fortunately there's an indie garage here with an honest mechanic who takes care of her.

I've been looking at a used Forte, going down a class for my dotage; I just turned 62.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Well heck...I got a charge out of this thread! hahaha Glad to see you still in the family Gary! I'm still in my 06 with 58k on it and a new paint job.
Looking at replacing my 97 V6 Mustang with a 95 5.0 GT...yeehaw.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well heck...I got a charge out of this thread! hahaha Glad to see you still in the family Gary! I'm still in my 06 with 58k on it and a new paint job.
Looking at replacing my 97 V6 Mustang with a 95 5.0 GT...yeehaw.
Thanks!

Yup, still in the family - started with a Kia in 2000, moved to our first Hyundai in '03. The new Sonata hybrid is Hyundai number four.

Now, about your 'Stang...Kathi and I say hold out for the 2015. :grin:

Regards,
GEWB

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's official - Nelly has left the garage.

When the weather gets better I'll take pics of and introduce the forum to Gracie, our new Sonata Hybrid dressed in Hyper Silver Metallic.

Gracie fits perfectly in Nelly's old stall.

Regards,
GEWB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts