Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the new wheels and tires. Went with 18" Enekei EKM3 hypersilver wheels with 225/45 18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires.
[attachment=20725:p1000148.JPG]
[attachment=20726:p1000149.JPG]
[attachment=20727:p1000147.JPG]

Attachments

·
Banned
335 Posts
I think that looks pretty good. I'm not sure but those Tires don't get great reviews? Where are the wheel weights?. If they could be done

without having to see them, wouldn't this be desired? While I understand the two plane balance explanation, I like not seeing weights,

especially the way Hyundai did mine. Made the car look cheap!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The wheel weights are just inside the lip on the inside of the rim. THey are put here because lots of aftermarket wheels don't have a lip for them nor would I want them to be seen on my $1000 wheels scratching them up. It doesn't provide as good of a balance as the placement on steel wheels but it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weights are on the inner portion of the rim. As for the tires the majority of the reviews I found were all positive. So far I'm very pleased with them. They're replacing the stock kumho solus kh16's that came with the car. They handle better, ride smoother and are quieter. I haven't had the chance to drive them in the rain but I doubt they'd be worse, the kumhos were absolutely horrible in the rain. The car feels much more connected to the road now which is very nice.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Seems like a bunch of ppl are getting rims... I finally got a set on mine too :thumbsup:

Yours looks good. I was thinking about the mesh/bbs style as well, but I decided not to.

The DWS are awesome all-season tires. I have them on the OEM 17s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol..... I've been toying with the idea of going with the eibach pro kit. Need to save up some money first...... new wheels and tires drained me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks Great bro, need to drop it a little

1 - 9 of 9 Posts