Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I recently purchased a Vericruz limited as well I am new to this site. Hopefully somone can help with some of my questions, for some reason I can't find the heated mirror switch. The mirrors say heated but I cant find the switch, also my radio (my limited has the RES and 6 cd changer) and cant find a usb port. i have looked in the glove box and in front of the shifter, all thats there is a 12volt plug in. thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Hi Kris, welcome to the forum. :00000732:

The mirrors heat up anytime the rear defroster is turned on.

The USB port in my GL is located underneath a trap door in front of the shifter, next to a 12v outlet. Not sure where it would be on your 2008 Ltd.

One maintenance tip that could save you some grief: The '08 Veracruz is a solid car but is prone to oil seepage around the valve cover gasket which eventually ruins the alternator. If you see a gunky mess on your alternator it's worth it to have the leak fixed; newer gaskets eliminate the problem.

Hope you're enjoying your new ride,
Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Don! makes sence for the mirros. as for the usb port no luck I looked there as well... thanks for the tip for the valve cover, I'll take to look to be sure. the car is a week new and love it so far (execpt the city fuel econ lol)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
2008 - no USB port or AUX jack - my biggest gripe about this vehicle. they were available in 2008. why a 38K 'family' hauler SUV doesn't include one is beyond me.

and as Don stated, the mirrors are activated when the REAR defrost is on. remember, that is on a timer, so when it goes off, so do the mirrors.

btw, welcome - i too have a 2008 limited.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Come to think of it my 2008 Santa Fe didn't have USB either. The CD player does read MP3s however, so at least you have the option of burning CDs with 200-300 songs each. Beats an 8-track any day :)

City fuel consumption is... ah... robust. I use 14-18 litres per 100km. It's much better on the highway, in fact when towing the family camper I'm actually doing better with the Veracruz than I did with the Santa Fe. Better aerodynamics, better gearing, more relaxed engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts