Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reason I am asking is because for the last 4 fill ups I have averaged 42-43 mpg. I get around 650 - 680 miles off of 15.5 gallons. So my fuel economy is great but I do have the lag at times when I gas it to get that extra power but it wits 3 seconds. Wanted to know IF I go the updated software will it break my current mpg cause its great at the moment.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't feel anyone has had a 'bad' experience with it and wants to revert back or anything. But its up to you.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Reason I am asking is because for the last 4 fill ups I have averaged 42-43 mpg. I get around 650 - 680 miles off of 15.5 gallons. So my fuel economy is great but I do have the lag at times when I gas it to get that extra power but it wits 3 seconds. Wanted to know IF I go the updated software will it break my current mpg cause its great at the moment.
Yes as most of us have had better mpg and if not the performance is worth it. You will loose ICE off when coasting in N but it will be charging the battery.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was averaging about the same as you but now I'm 48-50.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
You will loose ICE off when coasting in N but it will be charging the battery.
I believe this was done due to low transmission fluid pressure when coasting in N. Car has 2 oil pumps, 1 electrical, 1 mechanical driven off drive side of transmission. Coasting in N only provided pressure from electrical. I assume the concern was with durability.

If that's the case, ICE in Neutral with the update would be a net positive...

Then again, I could be totally wrong. :huh:

·
Banned
694 Posts
Yes as most of us have had better mpg and if not the performance is worth it. You will loose ICE off when coasting in N but it will be charging the battery.
I coast in N in my Venza but never in the HSH and have gotten great mileage for two-and-a-half years in an 2011 and 2013.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts