Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the Tucson to it's 1st car wash, and brought it home to polish, But, with the bug swarming up here lately, & bird droppings, the front end was a mess! Not knowing what to use to clean it without damage, I decided to use a modern clear coat safe generic cleaner wax, which did practically nothing! So, I grabbed a seat, and sat there forever it seems like going over all the myriad of spots continually with my fingernail, & the wax. Till I couldn't stand it any more, but it was passable. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the car was detailed to begin with, and the wax/polish that was orig. applied would keep this from happening, it seemed like this stuff was etched into the paint? Was it not detailed? and, or, was it just the clear coat, I guess I'll never know? But it did bead up in the rain previous to this.

Anyway, the black sideswipe, & other black contrasting parts were dry, & dull looking it seemed like in a very short time.
I decided to finish off the front end, & mirrors, with the cleaner wax, but I got some of white liquid on the black trim, & it was looking worse. Next I pulled out the old Turtle Wax "Ice" that I used on my previous Tucson, & liked the finish, & ease of use, and began doing the rest of the vehicle with that, it is a breeze, because it is a clear liquid that you just rub onto any, & every surface of the car including the black trim, black rubber, & clear headlight covers, then polish off lightly after a few mins (altough it is nearly invisible to see when dry), but thats a good thing. This stuff makes life easy, and holds up well from my experience, but it's a bit costly. Anyway, even so my tired, achy, old body was doing all kinds of contortions to get it all done, like on the ground to do the black sideswipe, & hanging in the door jambs to do the roof, but it came out marvelous especially all the black trim! I decided to go over the front end with the ICE as well, because it was looking so good, and it brought all the black trim back looking better then it had since I bought it! I was so impressed, I decided against my better judgement, to not abuse my body anymore,,, I might as well do the wheels while they were clean, & dry now, and while doing them of course, a little went on the tires, So, Yes, I decided to do the tires as well (not knowing how it will hold up?), but I couldn't resist as the one I did looked so good. I then got smart (if you wanna call it that), and squirted some of the ICE, which looks like clear Beacon floor wax, into an empty spray container, so I could spray it on the other 3 tires, which worked out just right. Finally after much pain, & determination, lasting all afternoon, I was done, or done for! and the Tucson looked better then ever!

What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used the ICE on my new Kia Forte and liked it a lot. It was easy to use and seemed to do a good job. I think it worked well because the car was new with no faded paint and ground in dirt to deal with. Once the car gets some age on it, it might be a different story. Then again, whatever wax I use after the car gets some age will probably have diminished results.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I recently used Zaino's polish. It is a synthetic polish that last about 9 months. WOW this stuff is amazing. I applied it to my Tucson and was blow away. Today I just did the wife's 07 Elantra and it looks like it just rolled out off the showroom floor. I have never seen a polish or wax have this affect on Clear coat paint. I am sold for life! I think you can only buy it direct from Zaino. It wasn't cheap but well work it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When it comes to personal faves on waxes/polishes, everyone has their own opin...it's like asking 10 economists where the
Dow will be in a year, lol!

I am also a Zaino fan for the past couple decades. I have car friends/fanatics that prefer some of the euro names/products,
but I suspect that all the current paint protection products, while slightly different, do a fine job.

Zaino for me, seems to offer the best "release" of road grime, bugs, etc. and, I am familiar with the system.
Everyone's MMV, ;>)
GL, mD

The CEO's Zaino'd new Tuck:

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MD, & Jooey, your Tucs looks great! but I used the ICE, because I had it, it's easy, and can be applied to any surface on the car, all the black trim, rubber, & tires, look superb with it. Actually within 24-48hrs it All looked even better, it must have finsihed bonding with the paint. Although a 2nd coat is recommended, I see why, it appears that it helps it all blend in, and get even better, still waiting to get the car clean enough again, to put that on. It all seems to be holding up well, even the tires, but we'll see how it does once it rains. I still don't know what to use to get the bug, or bird dirt off the finish without damaging it, chemically, or abrasively, pre-waxing? I'm open to suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.