Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid AWD 1.6T
5 Posts
I got the same trim and same colour as you!
My vehicle is coming from South Korea as well. Hopefully it will be soon. Thanks for the reply
No problem. I was initially told end of May to first week of June. Then, all of the sudden July. Sucks to wait almost 3 months - but I'm almost there!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here in Texas i am seeing about same. For every 25 Tucsons Non Hybrid, they'll be 1 Hybrid. But if you're looking for a Limited, it jumps to double those numbers. Approx every other dealer will show 1 -2 hybrids in stock, but either both or 1 will a SEL or Blue, no Limiteds except maybe every 4th dealer. When i searched "Nationwide Search in AutoTrader for Hybrid Limited, it only returned 68 results. (And several of those have tacked anywhere from $1000 to $3000 addendum above MSRP!

Wasn't looking for the added bonus of owning such a hard to come by vehicle, but now that it is, i am doubly glad i jumped on it : )

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited
25 Posts
^ So even though you evidently bought a '22 Tucson Hybrid Limited some time ago, you are trying to discourage others from buying this vehicle? Why did you feel compelled to post your comment here (in this thread) when there is already a separate thread in this forum that discusses the supposed engine pinging issue? :unsure:
The 1.6T engine in my '22 Tucson HEV performs perfectly fine (light or heavy load) and certainly makes no 'bag of marbles' sound.
I am simply sharing my experience after nearly 8 weeks of ownership (as others have reported). It may be systemic, we don't know yet. The information may not be important to you but could be for others considering making a major purchase. I'm hopeful Hyundai finds a solution for the issue and my comment was not intended to offend anyone. And if it happens to your "evidently" purchased Tucson Hybrid, hopefully you'll share your experience with others as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am simply sharing my experience after nearly 8 weeks of ownership (as others have reported). It may be systemic, we don't know yet. The information may not be important to you but could be for others considering making a major purchase. I'm hopeful Hyundai finds a solution for the issue and my comment was not intended to offend anyone. And if it happens to your "evidently" purchased Tucson Hybrid, hopefully you'll share your experience with others as well.

I for one want to read the good, bad & ugly from other owners. Thanks for posting your experiences!

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,271 Posts
No problem. I was initially told end of May to first week of June. Then, all of the sudden July. Sucks to wait almost 3 months - but I'm almost there!
Good luck, but be prepared to wait longer. Chip shortage = low dealer inventory and delayed deliveries.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m crossing my fingers for my hybrid SEL (silver) to get in soon. I talked with a dealer on June 30 and put a deposit down on it. He said it was scheduled to arrive July 5, but he still isn’t sure yet when it’ll be in now four days past that original estimate. Hope it’s just a few more days now but I really don’t know what to expect. I wish we had tracking codes on these! :) I guess this is pretty common with them being so limited?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid limited
155 Posts
I’m crossing my fingers for my hybrid SEL (silver) to get in soon. I talked with a dealer on June 30 and put a deposit down on it. He said it was scheduled to arrive July 5, but he still isn’t sure yet when it’ll be in now four days past that original estimate. Hope it’s just a few more days now but I really don’t know what to expect. I wish we had tracking codes on these! :) I guess this is pretty common with them being so limited?
what state are you in? did you order it your is one that was all ready coming in? i ordered a hybrid limited little over a month ago and not Shure when i am going to get it dealer told me some time in august hope it is true. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
what state are you in? did you order it your is one that was all ready coming in? i ordered a hybrid limited little over a month ago and not Shure when i am going to get it dealer told me some time in august hope it is true. thanks
I’m in Missouri. I believe this was one already set to come in. I hadn’t ordered it special or anything. I was actually calling about one on this dealership’s website but it had been bought already and not taken down from the site yet. When talking about it with the salesperson, he said they had this other one coming in on the 5th and I decided to go for it. Texting with him just now, it sounds like the delivery dates they get aren’t perfect but he hasn’t really seen them go later than a couple of weeks. So hopefully I’ll get mine maybe next week! Hope yours comes in on time too!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid limited
155 Posts
I’m in Missouri. I believe this was one already set to come in. I hadn’t ordered it special or anything. I was actually calling about one on this dealership’s website but it had been bought already and not taken down from the site yet. When talking about it with the salesperson, he said they had this other one coming in on the 5th and I decided to go for it. Texting with him just now, it sounds like the delivery dates they get aren’t perfect but he hasn’t really seen them go later than a couple of weeks. So hopefully I’ll get mine maybe next week! Hope yours comes in on time too!
thanks for your help. just excided

·
Registered
63 Posts
According to the Build & Price search within 200 miles of Charlotte NC, there are 13 Blue, 12 SEL Convenience and 11 Limited. About 60% of the Limited and Blue are listed as enroute. The SEL appears to be the most available on the lots.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sounds like your SEL is already in the "home stretch"....i'm sure if its already been given a delivery date so close to now, it will be UNAFFECTED by all the delays- Mine was slated for 6-25 and showed up 6-28... : )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ended up getting my Tuscon Hybrid last week! Love it so far and excited to write up a full report. Just based on my internet searches, they still seem super hard to find. The dealer I bought from told me they didn’t even hardly have any regular Tuscons, let alone hybrids. Like other dealers in the area, they were beginning to mark up past MSRP. (I was able to get mine at list price before they changed their pricing last week.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ended up getting my Tuscon Hybrid last week! Love it so far and excited to write up a full report. Just based on my internet searches, they still seem super hard to find. The dealer I bought from told me they didn’t even hardly have any regular Tuscons, let alone hybrids. Like other dealers in the area, they were beginning to mark up past MSRP. (I was able to get mine at list price before they changed their pricing last week.)
That's great news! I also have a Tucson SEL hybrid in silver and love it! I've had mine since early May (I actually got the 1st hybrid delivered to the dealership I purchased it from) and have been amazed at the design/technology as compared to my 2019 Rav4 hybrid. Happy trails!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Our dealers (100 miles) are completely sold out of all Hybrids and Electric vehicles. Everyone they get in is sold. Hyundai USA website state there are new models in transit, but they are all spoken for and sold!!

Reminder Hyundai Europe have taken more than 200,000 deposits for the New Ionic 5 SUV. They are back logged for over TWO YEARS For European presale!!!

Presale of all popular electric vehicles have outstripped the production and mining of Lithium and Nickel worldwide by more than 30%, just to meet the ability to deliver cars based on current production line. To meet the back-orders they need to build more factories or upgrade the factories to build popular electric vehicles-E-SUV’s. The Chinese Li-SUV out sold every other e-car!!!

Electric Ford F150 lighting had more than 100,000 deposits 2 months ago. Tesla Cyber-Truck has 600,000 deposits, …NO, 630,000 deposits!!! Mustang Mach-E has more than 50,000 deposits presale!!!

Note Mustang Mach-E have outsold all ICE Mustangs. The start-up Li Automobile have over 1 million presale on their E-SUV!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats!!! i also nabbed mine before they started adding addendum's to the MSRP so its a double win win! Enjoy your vehicle!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's great news! I also have a Tucson SEL hybrid in silver and love it! I've had mine since early May (I actually got the 1st hybrid delivered to the dealership I purchased it from) and have been amazed at the design/technology as compared to my 2019 Rav4 hybrid. Happy trails!
Nice! Yeah the car is designed and built well in general but then there are all these little touches that make a difference. Like the “diffuse” air mode that circulates the air more gently. That’s great. It really feels more comfortable once you’ve got the initial temperature at a good spot. And the “driver only” circulation mode is a really smart way to save gas when you’re by yourself (for me 80% of the time). Little things like that keep surprising me and making me happy.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts