Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked Hyundai's site for inventory. Within about 200 miles of Sacramento CA, with a population of approx 15 million (using CA combined service areas), there are . . .

6 hybrids available on Saturday morning, I Limited, 1 SEL Convenience, and 4 Blues. Wonder when they are going to get the Hyundai supply chain working again?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,269 Posts
Fall, at the earliest, per my local dealership’s GM. Fall ends in late December. If you spot a vehicle you like, and need it, snatch it up now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just checked Hyundai's site for inventory. Within about 200 miles of Sacramento CA, with a population of approx 15 million (using CA combined service areas), there are . . .

6 hybrids available on Saturday morning, I Limited, 1 SEL Convenience, and 4 Blues. Wonder when they are going to get the Hyundai supply chain working again?
This is more than a Hyundai problem. In fact, it's more than an auto industry issue as well. This is why we pulled our planned end-of-summer purchase of our '22 Tucson into Spring.

Likely to get worse before it gets better. Appliances, IoT, devices, compute/storage/networking - all affected right now. There's a 6-8 mos lead time on networking gear, among other things in the IT industry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fall, at the earliest, per my local dealership’s GM. Fall ends in late December. If you spot a vehicle you like, and need it, snatch it up now.
I own my vehicles (no lease) so I'm not pressed to get a new car. I have a reserved PHEV so I'll just wait until I can get what I want. For my tax purposes, I'd just as soon buy in Jan. 2022.

PHEV and solar panels add a new meaning to the phrase "burning daylight" :)

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited Hybrid, Quartz White
60 Posts
Availability also depends on location. A quick glance at the Hyundai website inventory page shows 12 Tucson Hybrids within 50 miles of my location, 4 of those being the Limited model. I personally drove 20 miles to a dealership that had my preferred color combination and trim level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! Newcomer to this forum, just bought my Tuscon today!

To the point; the dealership told me today they aren't always up to date on thier online inventory. When I went today, there wasn't any hybrid limiteds on the lot per the website. I went today to test drive a lower trim hybrid and was prepared to wait for delivery for a limited as there was none in my area. When I told the dealer this he laughed and pointed directly across his window to limited parked outside. Wasn't in inventory yet. They're selling them so fast they don't always have up to date counts in the system.

This was a large volume dealership so results may vary but I'm guessing a phone call doesn't hurt. He did mention that supply is slowing down however. Especially on the higher trims. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bought our Limited 2 weeks ago. We had put a hold deposit on it as the dealer said it was the only Limited expected in. Took about 3 weeks to arrive. On the Huyndai build it site, I was able to see that Limited and status was listed as enroute to dealer. When it did arrive, we went to drive it and decided to buy it, the dealer said it was the only Limited they knew they were getting. Since then, I have been checking the Hyundai build it site and so far they have not had another Limited on the lot or enroute. Checking to today, there are 2 Limited's at a dealer 40 miles from here, 1 at a dealer 90 miles and a few more over 200 miles away. We live in Charlotte so its a fairly large market. Our dealer has more than 400 new Hyundai's on the lot so it's not a small dealer either.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts

Please don't say that you're willing to pay sticker price for this new Hyundai.
If there are promotions on Hybrids right now, what are they?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Average of 1 to 2 here in Las Vegas, I check once a week. They have more 2022 Tucsons with the 2.5 NA engine, but what's the point, they Hybrid has more power and way more torque and gets 38mpg, no battery to replace, AWD standard, 6 speed trans, at this point, I don't even know why they bother making the Tucson with a 2.5 NA
And the price for the Hybrid is great, considering it has AWD standard
Two powerplant options would have been enough, Hybrid and the 2.5T for the N line, which everybody thought was going to happen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Average of 1 to 2 here in Las Vegas, I check once a week. They have more 2022 Tucsons with the 2.5 NA engine, but what's the point, they Hybrid has more power and way more torque and gets 38mpg, no battery to replace, AWD standard, 6 speed trans, at this point, I don't even know why they bother making the Tucson with a 2.5 NA
And the price for the Hybrid is great, considering it has AWD standard
Two powerplant options would have been enough, Hybrid and the 2.5T for the N line, which everybody thought was going to happen.
I agree. To me it wasn't even about the added fuel economy. The Hybrid just livens up the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Availability also depends on location. A quick glance at the Hyundai website inventory page shows 12 Tucson Hybrids within 50 miles of my location, 4 of those being the Limited model. I personally drove 20 miles to a dealership that had my preferred color combination and trim level.
So WHERE are you located??

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited
25 Posts
For those of you considering the Hybrid, it's very nice. However, some of us including me have begun to have issues with the 1.6T engine. In my case, it started about 4 weeks and 1,000 mi on it. The engine seems to struggle under load (for example accelerating uphill) and sounds like a bag of marbles. It was fine for the first 4 weeks. I have the Hybrid Limited and my dealer can't find the issue and no codes thrown. More info here:

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
101 Posts
For those of you considering the Hybrid, it's very nice. However, some of us including me have begun to have issues with the 1.6T engine. In my case, it started about 4 weeks and 1,000 mi on it. The engine seems to struggle under load (for example accelerating uphill) and sounds like a bag of marbles. It was fine for the first 4 weeks. I have the Hybrid Limited and my dealer can't find the issue and no codes thrown. More info here:
^ So even though you evidently bought a '22 Tucson Hybrid Limited some time ago, you are trying to discourage others from buying this vehicle? Why did you feel compelled to post your comment here (in this thread) when there is already a separate thread in this forum that discusses the supposed engine pinging issue? :unsure:
The 1.6T engine in my '22 Tucson HEV performs perfectly fine (light or heavy load) and certainly makes no 'bag of marbles' sound.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid Amazon Grey Black
13 Posts
We are picking up our hybrid ultimate next week. We ordered this mid May and were quoted 6-8 weeks. I was at the dealership yesterday and they have 1 hybrid in stock that’s bei used as a demo and I was told if I ordered one today the delivery is over 12 weeks

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,269 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Time will tell what the problem is. Buy a tank of premium fuel ASAP! Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I’ve order a Hyundai Tuscon 2022 in the ultimate trim around May 15th and haven’t gotten an estimate on when to expect. I’m also based in Canada. Just wondering are you from Toronto by any chance?

·
Registered
'22 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid AWD 1.6T
5 Posts
I bought a '22 Ultimate Hybrid on April 24 and will be picking it up July 13. I am in the Toronto GTAH area.

They told me they had to make an order in South Korea because there were no vehicles like in that color, and it would take this long. I purchased the Crystal White.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the same trim and same colour as you!
My vehicle is coming from South Korea as well. Hopefully it will be soon. Thanks for the reply

1 - 20 of 65 Posts