Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the clean dagger look of the new emblem. It's the 130mm Tomato Elite emblem. Only took 6 weeks from KAI.... never ordering anything from them again....

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Looks clean, and definitely a fan of that over other badges, but im gonna make my own :gitara:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
713 Posts
I like it. Looks great.

Just so I understand armycop, you just pull the trunk emblem off after heating the glue? Does the new emblem have the 2 placement pins? Thanks.

Ray

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
+1 on KAI being awful. Took them almost a month, a report to the KBB, and the threat of legal action for them to refund $450 of my money on a product I backed out on when they told me of a price increase.

The badge looks good, though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (crayb @ Nov 13 2010, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371461
I like it. Looks great.

Just so I understand armycop, you just pull the trunk emblem off after heating the glue? Does the new emblem have the 2 placement pins? Thanks.

Ray
I used dental floss behind the emblem. Kind of a back and forth "sawing" motion. Then it just popped right off when I lifted it off. There are no alignment pins on the new emblem, just 3M tape. You just have to be careful that you get it right the first time. It doesn't come off.

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like both the dagger and the winged Tomato emblems. I would just be worried that people would mistake it for a Toyota...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ya I agree. I want to replace mine also but not sure which one yet. Anyone know on the SE wheel how to get the H out pf the caps? PM if you do.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to go with something unique, but I like the "factory" fit of this emblem. I looked at a Batman logo and a couple other emblems, but they didn't have the right dimensions to fill in the indented area on the trunk. I measured and re-measured to make sure that this one was an exact fit before I installed it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (armycop @ Nov 14 2010, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371658
I wanted to go with something unique, but I like the "factory" fit of this emblem. I looked at a Batman logo and a couple other emblems, but they didn't have the right dimensions to fill in the indented area on the trunk. I measured and re-measured to make sure that this one was an exact fit before I installed it.
:thumbsup: Now you'll get people pulling up to you honking their horn wanting to know what type of car you're driving. Happens to me about three times a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts