Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after my 4th dealer report on the transmission issue being unpredictable and feeling unsafe, they took it in for complete inspection.

2 days later and they reply with "we're ordering you a new transmission from Korea".

So, the transmission arrives and gets installed this past weekend (Nov. 24-28).
Upon receiving my Tucson back I immediately notice the difference in driving. Feels tighter, stiffer but figuring that the new box will need some time to settle in.

Second day driving, I'm having a little bit of an issue getting the car into D = drive?
Reported to the dealership and scheduled for it to go back in - tomorrow.
Well, when heading out for work today, it WILL NOT go into drive at all.

Called the service department to confirm and ask about having it towed in.
Get this, service guy says "well, you've got Hyundai road side so you should call a tow truck yourself and get it towed in. See you whenever you get here, thanks by".
I know they've been really busy lately, but really????

So, here I sit waiting for the to truck to arrive.
Really hope they can sort this quick. Now that I just managed to DOWNLOAD THE NEW ANDROID AUTO UPDATE I'm itching to have a car that finally works the way it was supposed to, 2 years ago when I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well, after my 4th dealer report on the transmission issue being unpredictable and feeling unsafe, they took it in for complete inspection.

2 days later and they reply with "we're ordering you a new transmission from Korea".

So, the transmission arrives and gets installed this past weekend (Nov. 24-28).
Upon receiving my Tucson back I immediately notice the difference in driving. Feels tighter, stiffer but figuring that the new box will need some time to settle in.

Second day driving, I'm having a little bit of an issue getting the car into D = drive?
Reported to the dealership and scheduled for it to go back in - tomorrow.
Well, when heading out for work today, it WILL NOT go into drive at all.

Called the service department to confirm and ask about having it towed in.
Get this, service guy says "well, you've got Hyundai road side so you should call a tow truck yourself and get it towed in. See you whenever you get here, thanks by".
I know they've been really busy lately, but really????

So, here I sit waiting for the to truck to arrive.
Really hope they can sort this quick. Now that I just managed to DOWNLOAD THE NEW ANDROID AUTO UPDATE I'm itching to have a car that finally works the way it was supposed to, 2 years ago when I drove it off the lot.
I don't think the dealer can call Hyundai Roadside on your behalf. I think if they call, they have to pay for the tow truck, but if you call then Hyundai pays for the truck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Point.

They did pull the rabbit out! Before they could assign me a loaner car, the chief mechanic comes in with my keys - says All Fixed!
I knew it couldn't be something more than a slip nut - and for sure that's what it was.

So, now I have a '16 Tucson with great shifting transmission and Android Auto to boot.

+1 for the dealer service on this one!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad you got things fixed. How did you go about downloading the update with Android Auto? Freebie or did you have to pay for the update?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts