Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new 2011 sonata gl Aug 23 And towed it there Aug 26 with a blown transmission. It was sliping as i left the dealer and they said it's normal.

If you buy or lease a new sonata before you sign take the car out and push the gas very slow when you start and feel if it slips. There were 2 sonata 2011 and 1 tuson that need transmissios at my dealer in Woodbridge Ont Canada maybe a recall is in order.

So Heads up. :innocent:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Man, that's unheard of, especially since Hyundai supposedly drives each car before shipping it :whistling:. Sounds like a QC guy needs to be fired.
Hey, may I ask you want build date is your car? It's printed on the door label, which is at the very bottom right when you open the door, right above the skirt. Thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Sep 8 2010, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355063
Man, that's unheard of, especially since Hyundai supposedly drives each car before shipping it :whistling:. Sounds like a QC guy needs to be fired.
Hey, may I ask you want build date is your car? It's printed on the door label, which is at the very bottom right when you open the door, right above the skirt. Thanks.

Yeah mostly its the earlier Sonata's that have most issues. As time went along I think they've fixed a few bugs. I've been seeing less errors past May production

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 8 2010, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355066
Yeah mostly its the earlier Sonata's that have most issues. As time went along I think they've fixed a few bugs. I've been seeing less errors past May production

Hey, why not April 30th? That's my build date man, and just one freaking day before; now you jinxed me :p :grin:.
Seriously, most of the time that's true, but some times you just get a bad batch of something, so it's still a matter of luck IMO. A case in point is the locked-in-4th transmission problems. Now somebody posted above 3 new cars that needed new transmissions with only delivery miles. Hopefully people will reply to my thread asking for build dates on affected cars, to determine which ones might be affected. Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Sep 8 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355074
Hey, why not April 30th? That's my build date man, and just one freaking day before; now you jinxed me :p :grin:.
Seriously, most of the time that's true, but some times you just get a bad batch of something, so it's still a matter of luck IMO. A case in point is the locked-in-4th transmission problems. Now somebody posted above 3 new cars that needed new transmissions with only delivery miles. Hopefully people will reply to my thread asking for build dates on affected cars, to determine which ones might be affected. Take care.
The dealer say the new trany will be in on Friday or monday and will be fixed next week then i can get the manfac date for you I tried to get a new car since i only put 200km but Hundai Canada refused this is after a 1 hour of speeking with them. There grounds is to bad it left the lot so warrenty takes over .

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Sep 8 2010, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355102
Sucks to hear about this.
thats why i got my sonata 2011 GLS manual transmission, car will run milion miles. i never trusted to auto trans.
and if u wanna feel power of the car always choose manual. drifting and racing . its only good on manual trans.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car, #1825 off the production line, was made January 6th, 2010, has 5400 miles so far and has not had (knock on wood apparently) any problems at all so far. It is an automatic GLS. hopefully it will continue to be trouble free ............... :innocent:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts