Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my new 2018 Marina Blue Elantra GT GLS 6 speed automatic.

So far so good... love it and not at all regretting my decision. I traded in a 2013 genesis coupe 2.0t 6 speed manual. My left knee has been complaining for months so I decided it was time go back to an auto.

Considered a few cars, elantra sport, elantra gt sport, mazda 3. But finally decided on the GT GLS. Elantra sport got knocked out because I wanted a hatch, mazda 3 sport got knocked out because when it came down to it I didn't really like how it looked as much as the Elantra Gt. And the Gt sport got knocked out because, didn't want leather, didn't want a dct, and really 162hp in the gls is more than adequate.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice looking car!! I'm thinking of getting an Elantra GT either GLS or Sport. Question, I see a mountain bike hanging in your picture, have you tried putting that in the GT? I'm curious how well it would fit and would two mountain bikes fit in the hatch with the front wheels removed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't tried it yet, and I probably wont' bother. I'm going to get some roof racks for the car. The bike you see hanging is a large framed 29er, I'm almost positive that I would have to remove at least the front wheel to get it to fit. We had a elantra touring before we got the Tucson and it needed the wheel from that bike removed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The only downer is that the Elantra and the GT don't have a factory roof rack option. You will have to use window frame clamp kits which is a total downer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, but that's okay... ive used them in the past with other cars with no damage to the car they were attached to. More worried about dropping something on the glass roof and damaging it when using the racks., then the actual car. And I have to say the difference between normal and sport mode on the auto are quite significant. I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts