Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the section I have a 2018 Elantra GT Base 2.0L in Electric Blue. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any websites that offer quality modifications that can improve the look/performance of the ride. I was recently eyeballing the n line and quickly realized how much more aggresive the new front fascia is. Does anyone know of any places that sell parts like that? I haven't been able to find much for the Elantra GT base model besides generic ebay/amazon parts. Any advice will be helpful, besides telling me to get a new car.

·
Registered
2018 Elantra GT Sport
248 Posts
Just to put it out there up front (and as you will no doubt find out, as you do a search on the forums), there isn't much you can do with the base Nu 2.0 GDI engine. Sure, you can improve the sound and get MAYBE a handful of horsepower with the usual intake/exhaust/whatever, but for the most part if you want performance you're either doing aftermarket work to an engine designed for efficiency. Or just keep it to suspension mods. There's a few companies that sell a variety of aftermarket parts, such as SXTH Element. There are also, yes, a number of eBay and Amazon sellers that deal in KDM i30 parts, which is really, pretty great.

You can try to source the N-Line parts from various dealers around the US who sell OEM parts online (such as Del Rey Hyundai, in Florida), but not sure what you're luck is going to be. By and large, these parts are slightly modified or just re-painted versions of the N bumpers (ie: silver versus red painted accents). If you're looking FOR the full N parts for the i30, such as the rocker extensions we don't get, I'm sad to say that I and a few other members have looked around but you have to purchase and ship from Europe or Australia... and let me tell you... just the N rocker extensions ALONE, from Oz, are expensive as ****. Try about US$700+... each.

Unfortunately, and especially in the US, the GT was never really meant to be a volume model... and the aftermarket tends to favor the Elantra Sport sedan, and even the Kona, over this car. It's been a source of frustration to even get a gauge pillar mount. Hyundai doesn't yet enjoy the level of aftermarket support that, say, Honda owners have, despite H/K being pretty mainstream for a number of years now.

Otherwise... you already know you should probably trade it in on what you really want (I know, I did the same thing going from a Value Edition sedan, to an N-Line)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been occasionally checking the usual online OEM parts places for the N-Line front bumper without any luck. Even if you choose a 2019 N-Line trimmed GT, it spits out the same bumper cover part number as the 2018 GT Sport... I would be interested in getting my hands on one too.

As RykrosGT said, there's little aftermarket support for the GT and most of what's out there is for the 1.6t only because it's shared with the Elantra and Veloster.

trey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoops, I forgot about this post. I thought I would get email notifications to people who replied?? Oh well... Anyway, I really appreciate all your help. As of today (10/31/2020) I've found that you can purchase N-line bumper covers from OEM retailers for about $300. However, because it is just a cover, I'd also need a grill(s), fog lights, hardware, lip, and whatever else it takes to fit it to my car. I'm assuming this would all cost at least $1000, not really worth it IMO. It's a nice car, maybe I should be glad it's hard to sink money into. I'll be updating my profile with pictures of my current modifications, in case you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.