Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, and have had my 2002 Santa Fe for 10 years. haven't been able to drive it in last 2 years because of a bad mechanic.

Would love any advice on repairing my car. After taking it to a garage to get checked over and fix the things needed, got it back and the gas mileage went down to 5 MPG, instead of the normal 20 MPG. And was running hot, After I took it back to garage, I was told he did nothing to affect the mileage, and he replaced the thermostat at a cost of $184.00.

ON the drive home the check engine light came on. After getting a friend to check for a code, It was one for the temperature sensor. I could never find out how to replace the sensor, so the car has been sitting for 2 years. I went out today to jump it, and drive it up and down the road a bit, when I parked it, I found fluid on the road underneath the front drivers side. I check the oil and it was EMPTY. I have not noticed any puddles under the car in all this time, but I do live out in the middle of nowhere.

I went tonight and bought a new oil filter and oil so I could try to take a better look under car tomorrow. Hoping to anyway, It's supposed to be about 10 and light snow, so not sure if I will be able to try this. No garage. Could not see where it could be leaking from, but not sure what all to look for.

Any help would be so appreciated.. thank u

·
9,149 Posts
:00000732::00000732::00000732:

Pls post your issue at our Santa Fe forum, thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts