Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum.
My wife and I recently purchased a used 2015 Santa Fe Limited. So far she is loving it but it does have a couple of odd issues.

1: The A/C acts odd at times. It sometimes doesn't feel like it wants to cool. I have a thermometer shoved into the vent and when working it is showing a tempreature around 50*. Then randomly (usually at idle but also while driving) the temp readings will get up to 60-70*.

2: The dome lights (both front and back) do not come on when the door is opened. The switch is set to "Door". Even when changing the switch to "On" the lights don't come on unless manually pressed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first suggestion would be to let the dealer look at it if it’s still under warranty. Aside from that, my guess is the air conditioner needs to be serviced. Low on refrigerant, possibly a leak in the system. There are other possibilities within the AC system that involve a failed component but I’d start with adding a can of refrigerant with oil.

This may or may not help with the lights.

Bob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Please do NOT attempt to repair this yourself by adding refrigerant. Many of today's HVAC systems operate with a very specific amount of refrigerant required to be in the system. Without recovering and then refilling the system it is impossible to know how much is actually in there, and overcharging many systems can lead to poor performance as well.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Hi forum.
My wife and I recently purchased a used 2015 Santa Fe Limited. So far she is loving it but it does have a couple of odd issues.

1: The A/C acts odd at times. It sometimes doesn't feel like it wants to cool. I have a thermometer shoved into the vent and when working it is showing a tempreature around 50*. Then randomly (usually at idle but also while driving) the temp readings will get up to 60-70*.

2: The dome lights (both front and back) do not come on when the door is opened. The switch is set to "Door". Even when changing the switch to "On" the lights don't come on unless manually pressed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Where are you...?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Austin TX area.

We will be taking the car to the dealership we got it from and try and get them to fix it for free or a minimum charge (I know they don'e owe us anything but it's worth a shot).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts