Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just picked up a very nice 2014 Santa Fe Limited AWD Ultimate fully loaded and with only 32k miles on it. It's got everything, panoramic roof, navigation, infinity audio, premium wheels, etc. I had a 2012 base model and traded that in on a brand new 2016 Chevrolet Traverse which is a lemon and almost done wrapping that up. So I went back to ole faithful, the Santa Fe. I have a couple quick questions:

1- I have the leather seats, with captains chairs in second row. I looked at a few Santa Fes and they all have issues with the leather. One of them I saw had the whole bottom side drivers seat ripped up and it looked like a 5 year old patched and painted it to try to match. The one I bought has about a 1 inch cut in the seat of one of the second row captains chairs that we have an appointment to either fix or stem from going any further. Are bad quality leather on the seats common in these cars or do they usually hold up pretty good? I have a child with a car seat and dogs that will be in the vehicle frequently. For the child seat I use a matt that goes under it to protect the seats and for the dogs I'll be getting cheap whole seat covers as a first protection layer. I just wanted to know if I have to always worry about them wearing or ripping and what other people are doing about it.

2- I have seen some for sale with nice roof crossbars. They are a bit higher then many cars I've seen and they have the rounded flush style mount that connects right to the rails. They look stock and not like the aftermarket styles that hang past the rails. I wanted to know if those sound like Hyundai bars or some other source and where to get them.

Thank you everyone. I'm looking forward to driving my new daily driving family mobile and learning more on here.

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey Shawn, congrats on getting the 14’ Limited and to answer your question about the leather seating, mine seems to hold up pretty well but I use Lexol leather conditioner twice a year. Our Hyundai leather are not high quality and to be honest I think it has that funky smell compare to other leather seats. I also used seat cover underneath the child seat but it wasn’t enough imo, I added some padding on top of the cover underneath the car seat so protect it from digging further more due to weight sitting on it from our little boy. Don’t know what to tell you about fixing your leather seat and sorry I couldn’t help you but if you do end up gettin it fix please post up pics before and after for members to see. GL and see you around the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Postshawn

·
Registered
877 Posts
Our seats have held up pretty well, but like DINO2K says, I use leather conditioner on them several times a year. We have had to carry our dogs in the back seat (due to an injury one suffered they can't get in the truck anymore) and I have noticed that they have cut the seats in the back in a couple of places. Nothing horrible, but noticeable. I also agree that the Hyundai leather doesn't seem as high of quality of other manufacturers but I haven't noticed any odd smells.

Haven't ever looked at roof bars, to be honest, I never plan on carrying anything on the roof.

Congrats on the new to you ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found the roof bars I like. They are the OEM Hyundai (4Z021 ADU01) ones for the pano roof which explains why they seem taller. We plan to get a couple kayaks so they will be handy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just an FYI, there are two roof racks- one of which are much taller meant for models with the panoramic sunroof. The height is meant to give clearance to have the sunroof open with the racks being utilized. They are very tall- too tall, in my opinion.

The shorter ones are 4Z021 ADU01, and the taller ones are 4Z021-ADU50.

I have the pano roof and installed the shorter version and I am still able to open the sunroof while having a roof cargo rack as well as a cargo box installed. I have about an inch of clearance between the class and the mounting hardware. Certain bike racks or kayak racks may have clearance issues depending on the hardware.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In regards to your question about leather quality-

I have a 2013 Limited that is very much a well-used family car. Two car seats and two labrador retrievers that love car rides. So far, I have no complaints about the leather quality. The rear captains are just fine aside from the indentions from the car seats. The front seats are also like-new aside from the common creases on the side padding from getting in and out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
354 Posts
Hi Postshawn,

I can address 2 of your questions. I have the same model Santa Fe and year as you have. The drivers seat back, low on the left side, started showing wear. The leather had lost one layer of leather. I mentioned it to the dealer and they replace at no charge. I wasn't going to ask for that as it was wear but I let them do it. I assume its still under warranty.

As far as putting kayaks on the roof I did that for one week & one week only! Its a long ways up there with kayaks. I purchased a Rack & Roll kayak trailer and the best decision I made aside of marring my wife. She is the one who didn't want me having to put them on top. Yakima owns them now. You can google them. The trailer is pricy but worth not breaking a leg or ankle while standing on a short ladder. They break down and stand up against a garage wall only coming out from the wall 6" or so. Great for going to the lumber yard. You can pull it behind your motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts