Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a "new" 2011 Sonata with only 9,700 miles on it for a pretty good deal. I LOVE the car (I previously had a 2005 Santa Fe with not much in it, but traded it in as it was starting to have some smaller issues at 72,000 miles), but the speakers suck! I've been reading up on some of these threads, but I'm wondering if I can keep the speakers that are there and just add an amp and some bass boxes if it would suffice? I don't need it to BOOM, but some base would be great LOL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got a "new" 2011 Sonata with only 9,700 miles on it for a pretty good deal. I LOVE the car (I previously had a 2005 Santa Fe with not much in it, but traded it in as it was starting to have some smaller issues at 72,000 miles), but the speakers suck! I've been reading up on some of these threads, but I'm wondering if I can keep the speakers that are there and just add an amp and some bass boxes if it would suffice? I don't need it to BOOM, but some base would be great LOL.

Do a search on this forum. There are plenty of topics regarding this issue.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just got a "new" 2011 Sonata with only 9,700 miles....

WOW, 3 years old Sonata with 9,700 miles on the ODO! Did Granny drive a turbo to and from church and the grocery store?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It was a leased vehicle. I don't have any other information. All I know is I'm happy :) hehe

Now I just need to get some tires that will work in the snow, cuz these stock ones are terrible!

·
Registered
542 Posts
With miles that low I'd be a bit concerned about the past of that vehicle. Whether it's spent a lot of time in the shop or something. I'd give sbr711 your vin# and have him look at the service records. Could be nothing but i worry about that kind of stuff. Good luck with the new ride, hopefully it's just a great low mileage vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
The CarFax was clean, wouldn't that have the service records on it?
No it wouldn't show everything that was done at least my carfax didn't. I PM'd sbr711 with my vin# and he let me know everything that was done to my vehicle. I wouldn't of known the parts that were replaced on my vehicle if he didn't let me know. It was nothing serious but just gave me info i didn't know and some peace of mind.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it wouldn't show everything that was done at least my carfax didn't. I PM'd sbr711 with my vin# and he let me know everything that was done to my vehicle. I wouldn't of known the parts that were replaced on my vehicle if he didn't let me know. It was nothing serious but just gave me info i didn't know and some peace of mind.

Sent from my SCH-I535

OK, great thanks. I sent him a PM with my VIN also. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Continental ExtremeContact DWS work fine in the snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read your post from a while back re:sbr711 and his ability to pull up service records. How can I contact him?- would like to know more about my recently purchased 2011 2.0 Sonata.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree the continentals are great in the snow, but sidewalls are way too soft on dry pavement. All season potenza's imo are the only way to go.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Read your post from a while back re:sbr711 and his ability to pull up service records. How can I contact him?- would like to know more about my recently purchased 2011 2.0 Sonata.
Any dealer should be able to do this. Although sbr is more trustworthy...your choice but all of the dealers use the same system. Records are maintained centrally, so anyone with access can get them.

On the DWS, I will 4th them for snow. Yes sidewalls are soft so they are not a performance tire per se, but very good for being a true all season.

I know I pushed mine to the limit all the time when I had them. Nothing to squeal the Sled around an on/off ramp over the posted limit. Always good grip from those tires.

But, as I have said before, you will know when they are wearing out because they get LOUD!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts