Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I've just purchased an NF (refresh) GLS 2.4L manual with 118k miles. It runs great and I'm really happy with it. I joined because I have a CEL for P2096 and P2298. I also have an airbag light on, TPMS malfunction light, I have a valve cover gasket leak and my parking brake doesn't hold. I also have 2 open recalls I need to schedule.

Goals are to keep it moving and address maintenance as it comes. Also need to pass inspection next year (parking brake and CELs). It's a daily driver 30 miles each way in awful traffic 5 days a week.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Replaced stock steel wheels with OEM '14 Sonata Hybrid alloys on 205/65/16s vs 205/60/16s. Speedometer stays spot on, no fitment issues, sits 3mm further out due to slightly lower offset.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yesterday I replaced the flex pipe and rear catalytic converter, which resolved the exhaust leak and may clear the check engine light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One year update: CEL went away with the fix above. Have had to change power steering fluid, brake pads front and rear, and needed parking brake shoes to get my handbrake back online. Now my battery is needing replacement. Other than that, it’s just been oil changes, light bulbs, wiper blades and an air filter. I’m now at 134k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts