Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its actually not new to me, it used to be my wife's car since new. We just traded in my Lincoln MKX and got her a new Mazda CX-9, so now her 2014 Santa Fe 2.0T AWD is mine. It just rolled 31K miles so I am going to do the trans fluid, rear differential, and the transfer case fluid. Going to use the Valvoline synthetic Max Life multi vehicle ATF for the trans and Valvoline 75/90 for rear, I have some Peak 80/90 laying around I think I am going to use in the transfer case. Also ordered a set of Denso 3501 plugs from Rock Auto. Am I missing anything else? How often are you guys doing the trans fluid? I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and there is one guy doing it every 5000 miles. That seems a little excessive even though it is extremely easy to change. Figure the other stuff I will do every 30K

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took a half day from work and did brakes all around, changed the trans, transfer case, and differential fluid.
One thing I was really surprised about is there didn't seem like there was much fluid at all in the transfer case. Its full now. Hopefully its ok.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which half?
Question for you. I watched your video on YouTube to change the trans fluid. Mine only took less that a gallon (3.8L) till it started draining out. Rode it then pulled the side plug and fluid did come out Is it under full? I'm confused because you said 5L. Should I add more? And does the manual say to check it with the engine running?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that, I am finding all kinds of contradicting information on refilling the trans fluid.

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trans fluid is generally checked with the transmission up to operating temperature and the engine running. Which is a real pain in the backside without a dipstick.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trans fluid is generally checked with the transmission up to operating temperature and the engine running. Which is a real pain in the backside without a dipstick.
The Santa Fe has a hole similar to a differential fill but about the size of a silver dollar. With the engine running, and trans is 140*, you pull the plug and if you get a slight stream you are good. It's actually pretty easy now I know how to do it. LOL. I am actually going to do it every 10K miles its so cheap and easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts