Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have recently bought a 2006 '06'-plate Matrix as a family car. Very pleased with it so far. However I've a few questions that I'd be grateful for some advice on.

1. Sadly there's no remote central locking system on it, there's just central locking on the key. Can a remote fob unit be fitted and if so, how is it wired up? Can I use an original Hyundai R/C/L unit?

2. There's no interior light delay function either. Can this be fitted using aftermarket parts?? I'd like a dimmer-style function too.

3. How easy is it to fit a towbar to one of these?

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure that set above fits the Matrix... Besides, it already has all the mechanisms for central locking, we only need a way to do it remotely.

By the way, what are options for upgrading the stereo system on 2005 Matrix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd ideally like to fit a Hyundai Remote locking kit - there's a parts vehicle in a breaker's yard near mine with the necessary bits.

The options are pretty much anything that's standard DIN fitting will fit the normal radio hole. I've just put a Blaupunkt MP3 radio in with no issues. There is provision for a double-DIN unit (I presume for the Korean-built examples?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts