Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 Santa Fe. The Bluetooth voice recognition for the phone doesn't recognize many names in my phone directory. Is there a way for it to learn your voice or is there an update?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the same problem, 2011 SF. It recognizes a few, but not most. Some that it will not recognize are simple, like "Tom". Using a Samsung Note 3 with Android 4.4.2. (By the way, upgrading to 4.4.2 seemed to correct an intermittent pairing problem.)
-Chris

·
Registered
162 Posts
Haven't had a problem with mine once I figured out it goes by last name first. Bit tricky as I have relationships down with the names, and will add the word "cell" or "Work" to the name in the directory. I have a Samsung S3 but will probably be getting a new one such as an S5.
Did have the problem initially with having to pair the phone to the car a few times. Haven't had a problem with that since I got the S3.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Tomcatvet, your solution sounds good. Unfortunately the car is in the tire shop getting new Continental LX20's today. I will test and report tomorrow. Thanks!
-Chris

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a Galaxy S3 and contacts are sorted first last name. I have no problems with it recognizing names. If I say "call bob smith mobile" it does. Maybe its the sort order?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not sure if Tomcatvet's last name first was the solution, but by reducing the contact name down to a single name in the phone, then re-pairing, it seems to work fine. Many thanks for steering me in the right direction!
-Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts