Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am a new owner of a Terracan 2002 3.5 manual and I have a few questions you may be able to help me with. Firstly when I change from 1st gear to 2nd gear I find it difficult to get into 2nd. It is like I have to wait a few seconds before I can slide it into 2nd gear .Is this just because it is a heavy duty gear box? When I give first gear alot of "stick"when I take off it seems to go into 2nd easily but not when I take off normally. I have just had the Terry serviced and all lubricants have been topped up.
Also once in second, as I slowly release the clutch it is almost impossible to do so without "clunking" the clutch. Probably one in 50 changes do I get it right.
Just one more thing before you all fall asleep....I find the Terry seems to rev quiet high before it settles back to a normal idle. This normally happens when I am bring the Terry to a stop. Is this normal with a Terracan?
Besides these small issues I do enjoy driving the Terry and love the look and the interior. Anyway hope someone out there can help me?
Cheers All

1 - 2 of 2 Posts