Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the threads but didn't really see exactly what I needed. I have Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 17" rims and I'm looking for tires that are quiet and handle well in rain and occasional snow. I have used Michelin in the past on my Highlander and they're a great tire but they're $220 each. Any recommendations for a similar tire that's quiet (mostly) and handles well in rain/snow in Eastern PA?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking through the threads but didn't really see exactly what I needed. I have Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 17" rims and I'm looking for tires that are quiet and handle well in rain and occasional snow. I have used Michelin in the past on my Highlander and they're a great tire but they're $220 each. Any recommendations for a similar tire that's quiet (mostly) and handles well in rain/snow in Eastern PA?

I think there are lots of good options but all the ones I know are approximately $200/tire. Is there also a price target for you?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Also agree on checking tire rack. I have been running Continental Cross Contacts (Do not recall precisely which version) since new. One set was original equipment and the second which was a different version within that tire series I installed when the original wore out. Very pleased with wet road and even deep snow traction. We received 5+ FEET over the Christmas holiday and I was one of the first out as an emergency responder on the semi plowed roadways. Tires handled the snow well. Only down side is you are good for only about 30,000 miles or perhaps a bit more in terms of wear.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think there are lots of good options but all the ones I know are approximately $200/tire. Is there also a price target for you?

If you have a Costco in your area check their inventory as well, I know their installation prices are very reasonable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a set of Bridgestone tires installed at Costco about two months ago for an out the door price of $619.00. They were these tires:

Bridgestone® DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS 235/65R17 104H BL ALL SEASON LUXURY SUV

The OEM tires went 51,000 mies and the new tires are quite a bit quieter with a more plush ride. I do not feel that they handle any better and they have not been used in any icy/winter conditions. The performance in the rain is decent with good braking.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up with Sumitomo Encounter HT tires. They were $124 each and so far they're super quiet except over rough bumps. I had them running about 75 MPH in heavy rains with absolutely no hydroplaning. MPG seem to stay about the same, but I've only put about 350 miles on the tires so far. I'm excited to try them in the snow because my Kuhmo KL21 were absolutely horrible in the snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts