Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little comparison between old and new tires. Still don't think i can lower it :( but i can deal with that
245/35

225/35

·
Registered
623 Posts
245s look badass on the car. I know because I had them on for all of 6 miles before I had to return them because of rubbing issues (I was already lowered). 225s look like they would tuck into the well and the well seems to go pretty far up. I have a pretty good feeling that you could still lower the car, but it's anyones guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Jun 20 2010, 02:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334692
245s look badass on the car. I know because I had them on for all of 6 miles before I had to return them because of rubbing issues (I was already lowered). 225s look like they would tuck into the well and the well seems to go pretty far up. I have a pretty good feeling that you could still lower the car, but it's anyones guess.
It all depends on how much stiffer the lowered springs are, and if lowering it gives it a little camber which would give a little more clearance. we'll see, i'll have to wait a little while anyways so i have time to think about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (SERGEANT_AT_ARMS @ Jun 21 2010, 07:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334856
How wide are these wheels and what is the offset?
8.5" wide. They were on the car when i bought it so not sure what the offset is, but the least amout of positive backspace that they offer in that wheel is +15mm. They are definately a RWD wheel.

·
Registered
717 Posts
You got some poke there my friend. I would guess you would be fine to lower since when you lower you change the angle of the suspension. The tops will camber in and give you clearance. The VW guys do this all the time. Weight in the back or large potholes won't help.

·
Banned
630 Posts
as the OP stated, the offset on those wheels clearly makes them RWD fitment because the offset is just soo low.....if you drop, you might run into rubbing again if you go coilovers...a slightt drop on springs might work

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 21 2010, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334913
as the OP stated, the offset on those wheels clearly makes them RWD fitment because the offset is just soo low.....if you drop, you might run into rubbing again if you go coilovers...a slightt drop on springs might work
The look of the car doesn't kill me right now, so i might just leave it alone. If i get tired of it later and want a change i can always just order springs. Plus the longer I wait the more products will be available so i'll have a better selection to choose from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts