Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I shopped online at Discount Tire for new Michelins for the Veracruz. I found: Michelin Latitude Tour HP P245/60R18 104H FRD.
There were two listings for the identical tire with two different code numbers and two different prices.....for the same tire??
Code # 34026, price $182
Code # 35066, price $201
Could someone explain the difference? I couldn't find out on the Michelin site.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
the same thing happens at all the sites. Michelin has two tires, descriptions are exactly the same, but the prices are not. i have yet to be able to tell why the $25 (approx) upcharge for one over the other.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
did some more research....what is the speed ratings? those seem to be the difference in the pricing. as well as mileage warranties.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The tire I bought to replace the Latitude is the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season. I have been very happy with them and they give a quieter ride on the highway than the Latitude. Traction in snow and rain has been good. I recommend these if you want a cheaper replacement to the Latitude.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I bought 4 new Michelin Latitude Tour HP P245/60R18 104H FRD tires, have 1300 miles on them, most miles at 70-80 mph. [We have 80 MPH speed limit here in the high desert.]
I noticed most that these things are quiet running, much better than the Michelin stock mud and snows.
Handling is great at speed.
Glad I bought them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts