Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has changed from the Continental 19” tires on the sport 2.0T to a different brand. Time for me to start looking and the one I have been reading about is the Nitto NT 421. I’m not sure how well that will replace the Continentals. Mostly dry weather with some rain, but no snow (Florida).
Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I changed from the Continentals after they got so loud on the highway I could not stand it. I went with the Kumho Krugen which comes factory on a lot of Santa Fe's. I got them because it was one of Consumer Reports top picks and they were pretty cheap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Went from continentals to Firestone Destination LE2. Amazingly quiet and performance and price. Made the SF like a new ride.
Out the door for 750.00

·
Registered
427 Posts
my oem krugen tires are pretty good so far, I see no issues with them after 2 summers....
I also have nokian hakkapelita 8 SUV studded winter tires which are very good for winter.

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
I would agree that the Krugen tires are pretty good so far. They have a great sporty look and feel like they grip well.

On my old 2009 SF Limited, I was using Yokohama Avid Ascend‘s. They were great tires as well. Great tread pattern, quiet, great dry & wet performance and of course, they had that sporty look.

Cheers!

·
Registered
441 Posts
my oem krugen tires are pretty good so far, I see no issues with them after 2 summers....
I would agree that the Krugen tires are pretty good so far. They have a great sporty look and feel like they grip well.
Agree with both of you that the original factory Krugen tires are pretty good - ride, handling, wear are all satisfactory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.
As to Tirerack, it is more subjective to me. I have not always had good luck with tires they say are great.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What about snow traction? No very good ratings for this on Tire Rack.

Asking because I have the Kumhos on my 2018 SFS.
Snow? What's snow? :surprise::grin2:

Not relevant here...but...these are considered about average in snow driving. There are some reviews online if you Google.

·
Registered
427 Posts
What about snow traction? No very good ratings for this on Tire Rack.

Asking because I have the Kumhos on my 2018 SFS.
I would say totally inadequate in snow, it's not a snow/ice tire. It would get 0% to me.

But then again, everyone here drives on winter tires during winter, and it's law, for obvious reasons, so obviously, a summer tire does not work on snow/ice/below freezing, what can I say.

if you absolutely need your tires to do some snow, nokian makes some all weather tires that are adequate on light snow, and that you can keep year round.

Best winter tires that I run:
https://www.nokiantires.com/studded-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-9/

All weather tires that are adequate for light snow:
https://www.nokiantires.com/all-weather-tires/nokian-wr-g4/

ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE
Forget the Forecast

The versatile Nokian WR G4 optimally combines high-performance, all-season handling and reliable winter grip to make it a true all-weather tire. Nokian Tyres’ fourth generation all-weather tire builds on the uncompromising performance of its predecessors with new innovations ensuring performance in snow storms, heavy rain or sun-scorched asphalt you can forget the forecast regardless of the season.

RETAINS PREDICTABLE GRIP ALL YEAR ROUND, BOTH ON WET AS WELL AS ON SNOWY ROADS
STEERS AS PRECISELY ON DRY OR WET HIGHWAYS, AND RURAL OR CITY ROADS
UNIQUE ALL WEATHER DUAL PERFORMANCE COMPUND ENSURES EXCELLENT WEAR RESISTANCE AND FUEL SAVINGS
Officially approved for winter useOFFICIALLY APPROVED FOR WINTER USE

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Take a look at
General AltiMAX RT43 Radial Tire - 235/55R18 100H on Amazon for $130 each with free shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts