Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Make sure the replacement tires match for speed rating to maintian top handling character as factory designed..

Some people put slower rating tires on and the effect is the sidewalls offer less rigidity than the higher rating tiresm and wonder why the car not handle as well as before,,,, but the ride is softer.

If it came with "V" rated, replace with "V" rated... dont fall for the "you dont drive 149,, so these tire be fine" and buy a set of "H", "T", or "S" rated tires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
QUOTE (marthinus @ Aug 13 2010, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349119
I plan on putting 225/55/16 Yokohama Envigor tires on my 16" original Sonata 2009 rims.

Should there be any problem with that setup?

Thanks
the new tires will be about 1.5% smaller diameter and circumference than new tires of the original size but probably a little larger than the worn tires of the original size. No major problems but be aware that over the life of the tires the odometer will record about 1.5% more miles than than it would with the standard tires.

Regarding the speed rating, I definitely would not go to an S or T rating on a Sonata, but I dropped to an H rating and have no complaints. If doing that, I would look for an H rated tire that has pretty good test or survey ratings for handling and traction.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW!!!
What a differents, the car handle soo much better. The first 200km the steering of the car felt abit "stiff".
Now at last its a PLEASURE to drive. The Yokohama 225/55/17 tires and new 17" rims are amazing on its car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts