Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys/ gals, i bout my 07 gs back 2 mnths ago, no problems till last week. It wouldnt start. :( So i towed it to the dealer, they said it had cylinder misfire codes. They changed the spark plug and the battery its was good. Today again its very hard to start, wants to go but just wont, So i went got some gas and it started i gonna have to take it back tmw. Now the only thing i have noticed is when i have about a quarter tank of gas or less its a lot harder to start. it didnt it a few weeks proir to it just not starting. I know i shouldnt let the tank go that long but, i forget sometimes to fill it, any idea what it could be, i would like to get this fixed, it has 73000km on it

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Running the gastank low isn't a problem. I run mine until the fill up light comes on. I would suspect the FRP (fuel pressure regulator), a clogged fuel filter or dying fuel pump. These three items are in the gastank.

What does it do when it cranks but doesn't start? Does it crank fast like it should or it lugs? If it starts, does it idle fine or it sputters like it's going to die?

Does anyone think a very dirty gas tank air filter (not the same as the fuel filter) could do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Oct 3 2010, 07:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360715
Running the gastank low isn't a problem. I run mine until the fill up light comes on. I would suspect the FRP (fuel pressure regulator), a clogged fuel filter or dying fuel pump. These three items are in the gastank.

What does it do when it cranks but doesn't start? Does it crank fast like it should or it lugs? If it starts, does it idle fine or it sputters like it's going to die?

Does anyone think a very dirty gas tank air filter (not the same as the fuel filter) could do this?
it cranks normal, almost wants to start but just wont go

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (sarky @ Oct 3 2010, 07:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360720
it cranks normal, almost wants to start but just wont go
I had something similar you needs to do some diagnosis....

Crank the car. No start? Pull a spark plug. Is it wet? if it is your getting fuel if not you aren't a problem

Pull a plug. Ground it. Are you getting spark? no you have a problem

I had a crank angle sensor go out which causes both issues another thing that can cause these issues is a bad ecu Id say the bad ecu is less likely Crank angle sensor is a moving part that can wear out you should still be under warranty get the dealer to fix it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts