Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
No offense, but that is even stupider than the K&N setup. At least the K&N has a "heat shield" to go with it. I'm happy with my long-tube Injen, which actually -hey!- pulls cold air from behind the fog light area. Putting that (SRI) setup on a turbo motor would be beyond stupid-- it would be dangerous for the motor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No offense, but that is even stupider than the K&N setup. At least the K&N has a "heat shield" to go with it. I'm happy with my long-tube Injen, which actually -hey!- pulls cold air from behind the fog light area. Putting that (SRI) setup on a turbo motor would be beyond stupid-- it would be dangerous for the motor.
Lol. That's cool. My car isn't turbo and it drives just fine with it. I show my car so it's mainly for show. I'm not too concerned with performance all that much.

Me likey..... Does it fit the 2.0?
Not sure. I don't know anything about that engine. I'll check.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2.0 터보;1666033 said:
First observation is wow nice looking but after that there are problems. The catch can should be lower than the vent tube and the "Cold" Air Induction is not sucking cold air, right?
No it doesn't suck cold air. Just directs air from outside the engine bay to the filter. That was the best spot for me to mount the catch can. Since it's a vacuum why does it have to be below the vent tube? I don't know too much about this catch can business.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes the vacuum happens when the engine is running but as soon as you turn it off the oil will run down hill back into the engine. If the can was lower then gravity would drip the oil into the can.

I know CAI has been discuss a lot, my thoughts are if the filter was in front of the battery or forward the engine then the colder air would get sucked. The fact is the rear of the engine bay is hot. Could you spin the filter to the front and let longer vent tubes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2.0 터보;1666161 said:
Yes the vacuum happens when the engine is running but as soon as you turn it off the oil will run down hill back into the engine. If the can was lower then gravity would drip the oil into the can.

I know CAI has been discuss a lot, my thoughts are if the filter was in front of the battery or forward the engine then the colder air would get sucked. The fact is the rear of the engine bay is hot. Could you spin the filter to the front and let longer vent tubes.
That does sound logical about the catch can.

I don't think the intake will fit any other way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts