Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I know most of us have moved to the Facebook page but I thought I would ask here first. I luckily have received my KYB shocks, and Godspeed veloster lowering springs before the whole COVID-19 outbreaks started. I’m curious if there is any tips and tricks anyone could recommend to me for changing to lowering springs and replacing the shocks. I won’t be putting the springs/shocks on for another week or so I’m hoping someone can help me and guide me how to do this install easily.
Cheers in advance, and I hope everyone is staying safe :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2014 EGT. I replaced the front struts with KYB Excel-G and rear shocks with KYB GasAdjust. I left stock springs in place. Car rides and handles way better. Can give advice on replacing the stock struts and shocks but can’t help with lowering or coil overs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2014 EGT. I replaced the front struts with KYB Excel-G and rear shocks with KYB GasAdjust. I left stock springs in place. Car rides and handles way better. Can give advice on replacing the stock struts and shocks but can’t help with lowering or coil overs.
Good to know! A question I have about the rear shocks is: Is it just simply the two bolts and that’s all? Seems easy but I’m nervous it won’t be.

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I replace shocks, I grease the bolts/hardware and sleeve in the end of the shock to mitigate future corrosion. The mounting bolts/nuts should be tightened only when the suspension is at the normal ride height, not when the suspension arms are hanging down. Be careful anytime the car is jacked up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The rears are only two bolts. Both easily accessible. Jack up both side in the back and put the car on jack stands. Remove the tires. I place the tires under the car between the doors as added precaution. Use a breaker bar (1/2”) to break loose the bolts. Remove the bolts. I did the bottom and then the top bolt. Then install the new shock, I did the top first, then the bottom. I place the floor jack under the subframe and jacked up to bring the assembly to the level, as if the tire were on and on the floor. insert the bottom bolt and then tighten the top to torque spec and the bottom bolt snug. Then put the wheel back on. Do the opposite side. Then bring the car down on the floor. Then tighten the bottom bolts up to torque spec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HEY GATOR WHAT WERE THE PART NUMBERS ON THOSE FRONT STRUTS???
IM ACTUALLY IN NEED OF SOME && HAVING A HARD TIME

·
Registered
45 Posts
I reused the boots and the coils. I only replaced the struts themselves. They are MUCH better than the stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts