Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have just taken the santa fe 2005 to the dealers after getting a squeaking noise around the rear wheels the noise just comes and goes so we thought it must be the new discs and pads we had fitted. When they had a look at it they found that the springs had rusted and would not give me it back as it would be to dangerous to drive so we left it there till they got some new springs fitted. I have seen that there was recalls in America around the cold states about rust but have not heard anything in Britian has anybody else had this problem and is it the same as the American problem

N/STK X 10 £20.80
N/STK SPRING SHOE X 10 £9.00

LABOUR £80.00

VAT £19.22

TOTAL £129.02

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The North American recall is in regards to the rear trailing arms, not the springs (as far as I know). Apparently the steel on the trailing arms was either too thin or of poor quality which caused it to rust quickly in cars driven where road salt is used in the winter time. In some cases this did cause accidents when the rear end of the vehicle finally collapsed, several of those incidents occurred at freeway speeds (60-65 mph) so I would say your dealer was smart to hold the vehicle. My '04 has lived its whole life in a salt-free state and because of this, was not affected by the recall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts