Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=20088:Sonataangled.jpg]

Hey Everybody! I am the proud new owner of a PBP GLS. I am getting shipped out to Sicily Italy for 3 years. I am a little concerned with some of the issues that I am hearing aobut eh steering pull and the broken universal joint bolt. I have been trying to locate a dealer over there, but if not will have to wait until i come back state side to have them fixed if there is a recall. Is there anyone that can help me?? oh and I LOVE this car! I never though I would drive a Hyundai. I have owned BMW, Toyota, Dodge, Mazda, and a scion and none of them even compare....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah sounds like both issues are isolated cases. No company will ever produce every product perfect. If you just sample people on the boards its probably less than one percent experiencing either problems. The steering thing can be tricky too as I'm sure some of the complaints is normal. For example the 18 inch setup upsets the car easily to a point where someone inexperienced may say the steering is pulling one way. I went from the 17 to 18 and you do notice a difference and thee car does tend wander when you hit ant road that isn't perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
677 Posts
:00000732: and good luck with the car. I think Italy is nicer place to be deployed than say the Middle East. Hey, you don't mention what branch of the armed forces you're in. Give us all a hint.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have fun in Sicily, I am guessing you'll be at Sigonella NAS. I have been there in the past, I enjoyed it. Its a cool island, be sure to check out Mt. Etna. Good Golf.

·
Registered
386 Posts
QUOTE (pyrobee @ Sep 1 2010, 08:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353705
[attachment=20088:Sonataangled.jpg]

Hey Everybody! I am the proud new owner of a PBP GLS. I am getting shipped out to Sicily Italy for 3 years. I am a little concerned with some of the issues that I am hearing aobut eh steering pull and the broken universal joint bolt. I have been trying to locate a dealer over there, but if not will have to wait until i come back state side to have them fixed if there is a recall. Is there anyone that can help me?? oh and I LOVE this car! I never though I would drive a Hyundai. I have owned BMW, Toyota, Dodge, Mazda, and a scion and none of them even compare....
Too bad you can't bring your Sonata with you. It would REALLY turn heads in Italy. Over there they think tiny hatchbacks are stylish. The new Sonata would really open their eyes.

EDIT: sorry, just re-read your post. You ARE actually shipping it over there? My advice is... don't. Gas is MUCH more expensive in Europe, hence why everyone there drives diesels. You will pay through the roof for shipping. It will be difficult to get it insured there, because it's a model that isn't available in that country. As you mentioned, getting it serviced will give you headaches. Also, their roads are very narrow and small, and when they park, it's common for them to bump into you slightly. It will be **** trying to park it there in their short spaces. Sell it, and buy a car over there. MUCH easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts