Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I signed the deal with dealer on Monday and it has been 2 days they are not giving me the delivery of the car. They are waiting some paper in mail for it. I signed the deal Monday morning hoping I'll pick the car the same day but now its Wednesday and don't know even today I'll get the delivery. What should I do? Can I back out of the deal? I only paid $500 deposit initially. Its just frustrating.

Thanks

EDIT: Too early in the morning and no caffeine yet, I meant pickup date on the sonata, not a Hyundai pickup....apologies :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
First off, from your thread title I thought that you were buying some super secret Hyundai truck that was snuck out for sale.

I did the paperwork on my Sonata on February 5th and didn't get it until March 10th. Consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ah, it's "pickup car" not "pickup truck".

In either case,

Hopefully you'll have it today.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
seems to be a common mistake with this thread....

i was ready to go get me my sonata pick-up!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is the car you are purchasing already on the dealers lot, or are they transferring it in from another location?

If its a transfer, you might have to wait a little while. Ive heard of people waiting several weeks for the car to physically come in.

If, however, its a car sitting on their lot and they are dragging their feet with the paperwork, I would either go in there and demand to speak to someone and find out what the delay is, or you get your money back and go talk to another dealer who is more communicative with you.

·
1,914 Posts
If the dealership is getting the car from another dealership, then it's understandable. If the car is on the lot, tell them you would like your vehicle. If the dealership is good, they will give you your deposit back, but in most cases if you signed on the dotted line they will give you a hard time about that. If it's on the lot, it's techinically your car if you signed the papers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Nov 17 2010, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372526
If the dealership is getting the car from another dealership, then it's understandable. If the car is on the lot, tell them you would like your vehicle. If the dealership is good, they will give you your deposit back, but in most cases if you signed on the dotted line they will give you a hard time about that. If it's on the lot, it's techinically your car if you signed the papers.
wow your whole family drives hyundais coolo

·
1,914 Posts
QUOTE (shinigami @ Nov 17 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372528
wow your whole family drives hyundais coolo
We've owned 12 of them since 95 and they have been flawless except for the Elantra my dad has now.

QUOTE (CCltd @ Nov 17 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372550
Sonta pick up?

Very interesting...........................
I agree, interesting....they might sell a few of these :bwekk: . There was some talk when the Sonata first came out about a wagon. I'd definitely be interested in that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts