Hyundai Forums banner

New Sonata Hybrid owner...stunned by MPG!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GreyOwl 
#1 ·
First tank was about 70% highway with the other 30% comprising our various "test" drives in the vehicle and some city driving. We got 41.8 MPG! Seriously awesome!

The second tank was about the same, but we got 35.6 MPG. What's particularly amazing about that figure is that my wife and I were stuck in stop and go traffic on I-75 in Dallas for over....2.5 hours! That's right. Even though the car was running the entire time, we still somehow managed 35.6 MPG :)

PS...all mileages are hand-calculated and verified within .2 MPG of the digital display.

I can't say enough how pleased we are with our purchase. Hyundai really has a winner with this car. Thank goodness not many know about it or we would have NEVER been able to pay below $20k for a brand new 2013 GLS Hybrid.

PSS...we've gotten several very positive comments on our new sky blue hybrid.

#3 ·
Thank goodness not many know about it or we would have NEVER been able to pay below $20k for a brand new 2013 GLS Hybrid.
To me, that seems like a really great price. Enjoy!!! And try to contain that smile on your face or others are going to wonder what you're up to!

#4 ·
We're doing four upgrades this month....tinted windows (30% ceramic), CrossNav system, LED interior lights and I've located a stupid great deal on a new drivers seat that has power and lumbar (I'll swap the covers since ours has cloth and the replacement seat has leather). All in all, we'll wind up with all of the features we loved in the Limited (power seat, navigation and backup camera) but at total price of around $20.3k. Not bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.